Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2006

I've been working on some very tentative ideas for various css-based themes, and maybe with some added dom effects.

However, I came by this on digg last week and wondered what everyone thought about a Plogger theme based on the method... let me know you would like to see it.

http://mondaybynoon.com/2006/03/27/suckerfish-hoverlightbox

Cheers,
    Derek
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Derek, I was actually going to send you a link to that. Didn't know you were still working on themes, that's great.

I think that would be a very cool theme, at least to demo the versatility of the theme engine.
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2006 edited

I don't like it myself. It could be usefull inside a blogpost, but it makes the page look rather restless with images flipping and flopping over eachother, imho.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

I agree with that, it is more novel than useful. But interesting nonetheless =)
    • CommentAuthorddejong

Well, I did get a little discouraged when I couldn't integrate that multiple uploads script. However, I have still been working on things; it's just that with the time difference we never see each other online. I think the dev IRC meetup will help a lot. Hopefully we can get one together this weekend.

And yes, to anybody interested, the theme engine allows for temendous versatility with scripting and CSS; it is definitely worth the trouble to check it out.

Cheers,
    Derek