Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSerpent_Six
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2006 edited

Apologies if this has been asked/answer previously, but I cannot locate any information via the Search function.

First off, this is an excellent tool. I am looking forward to implementing it in at least two websites, but there is currently one major blocker.

If I am understanding the functionality correctly, one cannot currently have a depth in the hierarchy greater than 3:

Category >> Album >> pictures

In both of my potential implementations, I need to be able to discriminate to a greater depth:

Category >> Album >> SubAlbum >> pictures

Is it possible to customize Plogger to do this? Thanks for your product, and your time.

David
    http://www.brushthralls.com
    • CommentAuthorchimy
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2006

I have the same requirement for about 50,000 photos but need to go 5 levels.

for instance

Bikes/2005/location/class/photos or equestrian/2005/location/arena/class/photos

in each class there will be about 200 photos and there will be 5 or 6 classes per location

or is there another way

i have a staic website with these on at the moment www.blue-print-studios.co.uk

Many thanks - it looks a great package.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2006

Right now, because thumbs are all kept in the same folder, Plogger may not yet be suitable for 5000+ image galleries. Filesystems take a much greater performance hit than we expected.

Searching the forum will likely yield the relevant thread.

Derek
    Hmm....after a few hours of hacking almost the entire codebase with little success, I think I'll go an alternate route. The upgrade path would be miserable if I did successfully re-engineer to support another layer.

Instead, I'll just create multiple plogger instances, and have an interface that allows entrance to all any of them. Sound reasonable?

So, on my 'gallery entry' page, I'll have links to:

plogger1/
    plogger2/
    plogger3/
    plogger4

That will give me the depth I need. Granted, it'll create 4 management interfaces, but I think I can tweak the cookies to have one login access all 4 galleries.
    • CommentAuthorchimy
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2006

Many thanks for your feedback