Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorCyNik
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2006

Receiving the following error:

Plogger could not connect to the MySQL host with the information you provided

I confirmed all info is correct. I have also confirmed I can log in manually from a command line not in the bin folder.

I am using the following:
    Apache HTTP Server 2.0.54
    php-4.4.2-Win32
    mysql-essential-4.1.18-win32

Can anyone assist me in figuring out what is going on?
    • CommentAuthorsimsa
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2006

The same here. No idea what is going wrong.. sigh.
    i usually do not use a mysql password and run a couple of apps on my local server without password. now plogger asks me over and over again for a password. I looked up mysql and found one, but usingit does not help. i simply do not get it to run the setup process.

Anybody?
    • CommentAuthorsimsa
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2006

In the meantime i solved my installation problem: my mysql database does not require a password but Plogger kept me asking for one. I removed all password requests form _install.php and a DBPW request on line 7 in php_functions.php.
    Okay that made it.

I am surprised a database password is necessarily required as on my localhost i set up WAMP without a password for the database.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2006 edited

The purpose (obviously) is to force a database password for those that don't care or know better in production environments (i.e. "the real world"). The localhost testing laptop (my own situation, for mobility) or local server is a situation where it might be allowable to not have a database password, but as a convention we required Plogger to enforce password.

This problem is easily and better remedied by adding a password to the database, in my opinion.

Cheers,
    Derek