Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorwebmaster
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2006

I am new to the plogger and I like it, however I was able to upload and install it fine. When I create a new collection I keep getting this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_real_escape_string() in /home/webadmin/fprcatering.com/html/plogger/plog-functions.php on line 131
    What is wrong here?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2006

Looks like you have an old version of PHP. Plogger requires PHP v4.3 at the least. Ask your webhost if they can upgrade PHP for you, they are definitely overdue.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2006

Here's Derek's question:
    Why does mysql_real_escape_string require a connection? Can't I pass a character set? Why deprecate mysql_escape_string? ;)

Gah,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorwebmaster

I got this one figured out.... however.... i have a new prob: what does this mean?
    Warning: 1 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/webadmin/coachmatthews.com/html/plogger/plog-functions.php on line 14

Warning: 1 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/webadmin/coachmatthews.com/html/plogger/plog-functions.php on line 14

SELECT parent_album,COUNT(*) AS imagecount FROM `plogger_pictures` GROUP BY parent_album
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2006 edited

It means that what you're handing to mysql_query is not a reference to an actual mysql connection. It asked for a phone to place your order; you handed it a rabbit.

There are a few possible reasons. Although adding this into the code right before line 14 should give a clue:
    echo "MySQL error ".mysql_errno().": ".mysql_error()."n";

HTH,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorwebmaster

To be honest I am lost. what will that do by adding it in front of line 14. My php knowledge is very limited.
    • CommentAuthorddejong

mysql_errno() returns an error number from teh database engine (mysql)
    mysql_error() returns a string about the error (e.g. "Table `mytable` does not exist.")

It echo's (outputs to the browser) a string literal "MySQL error" followed by those two functions above. Basically, if MySQL is trying to tell you something, this would show you what it was.

If you need more help, email me off-list, and we'll try to get it working. Now, what other Open Source project makes housecalls? ;)

Cheers,
    Derek