Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorErica
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2006

Did you CHMOD the collection to 777?
    • CommentAuthorhbala
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2006 edited

I have faced the same problem even the collection chmod in 777.
    (redhat linux ES, Php V4.3.9) Please help me !
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2006

I have the same problem ! The directory "collection" is in the database but it seems not to work ?!
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2006

Sounds like a problem with PHP Safe_mode, it prevents Plogger from creating a directory within the directory is has already created. If you can turn off safe_mode it would probably solve your problem, although we haven't yet come up with a script level fix for this.
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2006

My provider does not allow me the unsafe-mode ! Is there another solution ? Could I create the directory manually ? Thaks for your help !
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2006

You could try creating the directory manually. The directory structure is /plogger/images/collection_name/album_name/picture.jpg. I honestly don't know if that would work or really be any fun for you to do for each album =/
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2006

Ok, thaks anyway !
    • CommentAuthorfish
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2006

I have the same problem.

I checked the php.ini and found that the safe_mode is off already. Btw, I know Plogger can create collections as I found the collections folder inside images directory. In addition, the images and thumbs directories are set to 777.

Any hints for solving it? Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorredyul
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2006

I have the same problem in creating a Collection:

Could not create directory D:Inetpubwebsallultimopianoitplogger//images/2005_bolivia!

I do not how to check the safe mode but I t seams not to be the problem, did you oversome it?

has some tried the manual root? Is it feasible?
    • CommentAuthorredyul

I am told by my host that the issue is related to the fact that windows does not have GD library that plogger does use and therefore if I move to a LINUX based system it should do the trick.
    does it make sense?
    thanks
    • CommentAuthorddejong

Yes -- except for Windows PHP not having the GD library ... which has been embedded with PHP for some time.

- Derek
    • CommentAuthorredyul
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2006

Indeed.
    I instelled everithing on a linux server (apache) and I do not have the problem anymore
    • CommentAuthorgrambram
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2006

My site is on an Apache server with safe mode off and I have the same problem. Any solutions yet as I really like this gallery but can't use it.
    I'm on linux with the same problem
    • CommentAuthortxt3rob
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2006

same issue for me
    Can anyone help?
    • CommentAuthornicmare
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2006

My site is on an Apache server with safe mode off and I have the same problem. Any solutions yet as I really like this gallery but can't use it
    get this message when trying to create an album:
    Could not create directory !
    ok.. I'm having the same problems and have tried the above. I still get this error:
    "Could not create directory C:Inetpubwwwrootplogger//images/TEST_GALLERY!

Here is my configuration:
    WinXP PRO sp2, IIS5.1, MySQL (latest version) PHP 4.4.4 (I can't for the life of me get PHP 5.1.6 to intall, even manually - i had to revert back.); save_mode = off,

HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!
    I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!! The solution was so simple... after trying to tweak the code (with no luck) and searching this forum.. I decided to google "How to CHMOD 777 on windows xp" and I came up with this site: http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11962

Occam's Razor was right again...In short, when given two equally valid explanations for a phenomenon, ("It doesn't work") one should embrace the less complicated formulation. (Duh, check to be sure the permissions are set correctly for the folders!)
    • CommentAuthorAtlas
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2007

Go to your FTP and go to the plogger/images/collection_name and try to set the 0777 permission on it. If this is not possible, delete the collection_name folder and create it again and name it as it was before and then set the 0777 permission, I did that and it did work.
    • CommentAuthorspike
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2007

quick fix: CHMOD every folder under your /images/collections to 777
    • CommentAuthorssk
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009

I was able to solve this problem by allowing "write" permission on the ".../plog-content/images" file (accessed through hosts file manager.)