Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorliberta
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2006

This is inconsistent with all other files within Plogger.

This makes Plogger crash when php asp_tags = Off.

Please amend for consistency and to Plogger to work for everyone.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2006

This has been remedied in Plogger Beta 3. A good text editor can do a directory find and replace, with regular expressions no less, and there are several threads in the forum which address the issue.
    • CommentAuthorliberta
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2006

Good news for when Beta3 comes out.

I did do a search on "asp tags" "short tags" "<?" and came up with nothing in the discussion forums which is why I posted it.

I am intrigued. Do you expect the users of Plogger to be programmers who have a text editor and know how to use it?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2006

It was an oversight. The Exifer library was not created by us, it is a third party package that we distribute with Plogger. On most servers, PHP shorttags are on and it works fine. In the core Plogger code, we ALWAYS use the full PHP tag.

If you are downloading a BETA version of an open source script, I expect a moderate level of proficiency in setting up web applications. Honestly, Plogger is one of the easiest image galleries to install and use and compared to "ZenPhoto" (you need a PHD to set that one up), it is a breeze.

I am a little put off by your attitude though, as if you are entitled to some sort of quality software when you clicked the download button. It's free, we support it in our free time, there are bugs, it is not perfect. Seriously, what do you expect?