Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorcecilechui
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2006

Hi! After I uploaded an image through the admin, it didn't show up. Instead a white box with a cross appears on the gallery page. Anyone knows what causes the problem?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2006

Maybe a permissions issue. Can you check the permission level on the image within your /images/ directory (using FTP or command line)?
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2006

Thanks... I checked... the main images folder is 777, the sub images folders are 755... what persmission level should I set to?
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2006

Hi! Just wonder what permission level should the image folders be so that the thumbnail will show up. I have trouble to set them at 777 though. Is 755 good enough?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2006

It should be, although it depends on your server configuration... do you have a link to your gallery showing the problem?
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2006

Thanks! Mike... still couldn't figure out why the image doesn't show up... here is the link:

http://www.fontaine.hk/col_gallery/index.php?level=album&id=9

The upload function worked before... not sure why it doesn't now...
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2006

There might be a problem with having duplicate files in the same category with the same name (1064n.jpg). Have you tried reuploading the image in question after renaming it?
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2006

Hmmm... I did put a new image "testimage.jpg", but it still didn't show up... please take a look... thanks

http://www.fontaine.hk/col_gallery/index.php?level=album&id=12&page=2
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2006

Maybe you ran out of disk space on your host? Thumbnails won't generate if you have maxed out your disk quota.
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2006

I just checked the hosting space, still have over 400 MB available... it's so strange... it worked fine in the first week... but then it doesn't work...
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2006 edited

Check for oddly named files in /admin or your plogger root folder. If they are there, it may be a problem with phpThumb via temporary images. I think it has to do with permissions, but I'm not yet sure. It's a very confusing problem, I've dealt with it once before.

(FYI: The oddly named files are temporary images phpThumb tried to pass to GD but failed. Don't worry; nobody has maliciously added those files to your installation.)

Derek
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2006

Thanks... ddejong... I followed your suggestion... maybe i over did the correction... I deleted all the images in the "thumbs" folder as well as all the "collection" and "album" folders. I tried to re-upload one or two images... but the following message was shown on the actual site

http://www.fontaine.hk/col_gallery/index.php?level=picture&id=142

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY `path` ASC' at line 1

SELECT id FROM `plogger_pictures` WHERE parent_album = ORDER BY `path` ASC

Any idea? Thanks for any input... I really appreciate :-)
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2006

That line should look like this:
    SELECT id FROM `plogger_pictures` WHERE parent_album = '1' ORDER BY `path` ASC

The fact that it's missing the value for parent_album is causing MySQL great grief. Question is, where is it (not) getting the value?

My suggestion in regards to having deleted albums is to wipe the DB tables and just start anew. In regards to the files, don't delete images. I'm sorry if it was unclear; these should be very obvious cache files, like "PTHUMB09a83ee459c7d" with no extension. They're temp files phpThumb created, handed to GD, but GD died, and left the file to rot for all digital eternity.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2006

Thanks... Derek... when I went back to the site today... couldn't see that message again... but the thumbnail image still doesn't show up...

http://www.fontaine.hk/col_gallery/index.php?level=picture&id=143

Also, I noticed the images folder is 777, the collection and album folder are 755 while the image (jpg) itself is 600... just wonder what CHMOD should they be...

Thanks a lot :-)
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2006

Try changing the image to 555 and let us know how it turns out. It may be that Plogger is creating thumbnails, but nobody has permission to view them.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2006

Unable to change to 555... is there anything else I can do?

Thanks
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2006

First, chown (change owner) to yourself, then chmod 755 them.

Derek
    Hmmm... I'm not sure how to change owner to myself... where can I do it?