Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormartin
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2006

After modifying the code in 2.1 to integrate phpadsnew and to change the code for better SEO, (meta-tags appear on all pages and change depending on level) I realised I wouldnt be able to update the script with patches e.t.c.

I searched the forums for news of a templating system and found that beta 3 included it so I installed it on my XAMPP setup only to find the image uploading didn't work, although the zip file uploading is a welcome edition. When I try to import a zip file or single image file it takes a while (longer than usual) then it freezes on the generating thumbnail part.

It works fine on my real hosting account but for some reason on my local testing machine it just freezes.

XAMPP - apache, mysql, php, perl. 2.1 works fine on this.

Does anyone have an idea of the problem? I can't really develop themes without the images.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2006 edited

Make sure you uploaded everything correctly. Especially the files in the /admin/js/ folder. Do you get any javascript errors on the page? If you are using firefox, that little "information" icon in the upper right hand corner should turn red and you can click on it to find the error. I'm guessing you didn't upload prototype.js.

edit: Sorry that makes no sense... you are working locally so there is nothing to upload. Make sure it "exists".

Perhaps XMLHttpRequest does not work in a local environment? I have yet to test it outside of a real hosting account myself.
    • CommentAuthormartin

Everything is there. No javascript errors either.

It must be some setting in my local environment then.

Thank you anyway, I'll just use it on my hosting account for now.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2006 edited

You could also try a couple different browsers and see if that affects the outcome.
    • CommentAuthormartin

I've finally got it sorted.

I think it was to do with permissions of the thumbs folder although I'm not too sure because I was trying so many things at once.

Again, thanks for the support Mike.