Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthornuke
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2006

Hi, I just tried out Plogger today and it's really great. I am looking at putting together a database of graphic files which will be used for the production of ads, etc. Plogger works great at preserving the original clipping paths on JPEG files which is perfect for us to share photo assets.

One thing we are running into are logo files which are normally saved in EPS format. Is there anyway to alter the file import function so files that aren't JPEG, GIF, PNG just get a name (no thumbnail) but the actual file is still added to the database for download even though it's not the standard file type?

Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2006

Plogger doesn't currently support EPS, and even if it did, the overhead would be huge processing those files (which are typically very large).

Perhaps you are looking for more of a asset sharing solution? Plogger is designed mostly to be a personal gallery, but the fact that you are using it for content management definitely has me interested...

Check out Fluxiom, I think they may have exactly what you are looking for... http://www.fluxiom.com/
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2006

Really, you could rewrite Plogger's thumbnailing system to use any thumbnailing library that supported EPS. However, I don't know of one.

Is the idea of having an API to connect to any thumbnailing engine (images, vectors, video, soundclips) of interest to anyone? The idea just struck me... I think it'd be rad.

However, given the amount of time I can afford for the project, I shouldn't even be talking about such things. ;)

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthornuke
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2006

Hi, thanks for the imput. I wasn't even needing a thumbnail to be made. Just the file pulled into the database. It could have just a default icon as long as the name is there. The EPS files we are using for logo are typically 600k.

Could the upload function upload files without processing them?
    Maybe it could grab the thumbnail already created by the Adobe app?

I like the way Plogger can be integrated right into a website compared to some of the content management systems which seem to be "stand alone solutions"

if anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

thanks again

N