Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkmccurdy
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2006

Hi there, I just started fiddling around with plogger and I love it!

Quick question: does anyone know how I would go about using a custom graphic for the Collection-level and Album-level thumbnails?

I am aware of how to select an image in the album or collection as the default thumbnail, but people have found that UI confusing (e.g. having a photo as the icon), so I'd prefer to be able to set a graphic that looks more like a collection of albums for the Collection and an individual album for the Albums. I know I could just upload the graphic into each Album and then Edit the default thumbnail image, but that would be cumbersome to do for many collections/albums and it would look odd to have the graphic icon in the album directory where the photos are...

any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kevin
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2006

What you will need to do:
    1. Find and edit the lines where collection and album thumbs are generated.
    a. Strip out the crud. (Image fetch-n-choose.)
    b. Add classes to the thumbs/divs (eg: .slides div.album_thumb)

2. Edit gallery.php.
    a. Add class rules for your collection and album thumbs (like height, width, background).
    b. Put the files in the right spots.

Very general, but should put you on the right track.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorkmccurdy
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2006

Thanks Derek. Unfortunately I'm not advanced enough to understand what to do next. Can anyone tell me *exactly* what I'd need to do?

Thanks a bunch,
    Kevin