Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

The forum mentions zip upload integration into the newest version of Plogger. Just a few questions about zip capability:

What add-on program if any is needed?
    Is this a simple thing to add to 2.1 on our own?
    Do you have instructions to add zip functionality?

Thanks,

Brian
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2006

1. None. It basically relies on an additional library, unpacks the zip server-side into /uploads and goes from there.

2. Not hard, but not easy either. It would be much simpler to just upgrade Plogger.

3. No, though you could check dev.plogger.org for a ticket on the topic, with a discussion (potentially) of how it's implemented.

-- Derek
    Derek,

Thanks for the information. We have Plogger 2.1 beta implemented on our Web site.

My preference is to add the zip functionality to the existing Plogger installation on the "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" model. I went to dev.plogger.org and found:

1. Changeset 322, downloaded the pclzip library and FTPed it to our site into the lib/pclzip-2-4/ directory.
    2. Changeset 323, which had both a code snippet to add to the existing plog-upload.php and the entire changed plog-upload.php. I chose the latter and FTPed it to our site.

Step 2 caused Plogger Admin not to load at all. Was using the entire file the wrong thing to do? If so, is pasting the code snippet into the existing plog-upload.php the better way to go?

If upgrading is the better route, what version would I be upgrading to, and where would I find the download?

Thanks,

Brian