Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorseven40
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2006 edited

I just integrated Plogger into my blog today, so I haven't had much time to mess with it. There is a problem I am having, that I would like to get solved ASAP, since it make my gallery look very ugly. The url to the page that is messing up is: http://www.seven40.com/blog/gallery/atv_rides

The collections page and the other album pages look fine, but the title of these albums are longer and the formatting is being messed up.

Any idea of a fix?

Thanks,
    Terry
    • CommentAuthordankirsh
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2006

Something along the lines of changing line 519 in gallery.php from:

$output.= $row["name"].'
    <br /><div class="meta-header">('.$num_pictures.' picture';

To something like:

if (strlen($row["name"]) > $config["truncate"] && $config["truncate"] != 0) {
    $output .= substr($row["name"], 0, $config["truncate"])."...";
    }

$output .= '<br /><div class="meta-header">('.$num_pictures.' picture';

THen you could do something like that for anywhere else that titles are printed and it would always truncate to the size you specified for max file names in the config, keeping a standard size for all subtitles.

I NEVER tested this code, just wrote it directly in the reply box, so look at it and check if syntax is correct, but it should give you the basic idea. If you are having difficulty feel free to reply and I'll put more time in.

Dan
    • CommentAuthorseven40
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2006

Thanks very much Dan..
    Your code worked like a charm!