Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorthepieman
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2006

Iâ??m experiencing some strange effects when importing images into albums.

It seems that when I create more than one collection/album(s) the admin generates errors.

Iâ??ve tried several permutations on getting files across to their designated albums but each time something different happens.

Iâ??ve gone as far as deleting the database clearing out all the old files and re-installing plogger but this hasnâ??t helped.

The problems can be one of or more of the following:

1) If I create a collection and then an album and import images into it everything seems to work fine
    2) If I create a second or subsequent collection album, it seems that at times I can only import one image at a time to the new collection, trying more that one image import generates the following in Firefox.

a) Save file as or open file dialogue box

b)The admin displays this error message â??Make sure to CHMOD 777 your newly created folders within the uploads directory or else Plogger cannot access them. Plogger cannot CHMOD the directory for you while PHP is in safe mode.

3) I donâ??t have safe mode turned on, on my server.
    4) Sometimes files simply wonâ??t import at all across to the second collection album
    5) Iâ??ve created another album within the first collection so I have two albums in total, but I still canâ??t import images into this second album!
    6) Checking the file permission on the two collections the first one I created has a CHMOD of 777 and the album folder within also has a 777; however the second collection has a CHMOD of 755 and the album folder within also has a 755.
    Iâ??ve tried to implement the solution outlined here http://plogger.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=45&page=1#Item_14 whatâ??s more I think that this solutions is for something different.

Iâ??ve tried searching the forums for a solution but Iâ??ve not found anything yet.

Also Iâ??ve tried to use the admin in IE, rather than generating error message or save file dialogues it simply says it couldnâ??t find the page.

The other strange thing is that sometimes even though Iâ??ve encountered one of the above outlined at 2, if I press F5 to refresh the page the images have been ported across to the relevant folder or on occasions theyâ??ve disappeared.