Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorGingerB
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2006

I just installed Plogger and all went well. However, I can't seem to upload animated gifs. I can upload them, but they lose their animation. Is there a way around this?

• CommentAuthorGingerB
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2006

Has anyone successfully uploaded animated gifs?

•  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2006

It is possible... right now Plogger converts thumbnails to jpeg's automatically. Once an animated GIF gets changed to a JPG, it loses its ability to animate.

It would probably work if you changed the output format to GIF. There is a PHPThumb (our thumbnail generation library) readme here (http://phpthumb.sourceforge.net/demo/docs/phpthumb.readme.txt). I'm thinking you could open plog-functions.php and add a $phpThumb->f = "gif"; to the generate_thumb() function.
    • CommentAuthorotto
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2006

Hello!
    Is there a way (or a hack) to upload swf or flv instead of jpeg (or gif)?
    That could be nice to turn plogger as a film gallery.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2006

Plogger doesn't much itself care what the file is, but you have to create or find a thumbnailing library or augment phpThumb to accept alternative file formats.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorotto
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2006

Thanks ddejong,
    I'm not very aware of technical aspects but i understand that the only probleme i could face is the generation of the thumbnail? (and change the file extensions that are accepted for the upload)?