Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2006 edited

Some of you might already know that I am developing a flash theme (interface) using plogger as engine. I have come quite far in this development but I am currently stuck!

So this is a shout out to all of you reading this, who would like to contribute to this sideproject. I need help with structuring the design (How elements / navigation etc should work) . For example, flash sites is often restricted to one size (not that I really bother about what people do or don't) but I need some guidelines to aim at. If you feel you have anything at all to contribute with, please mail me and I will give you further details about my thoughts.

johan at moment77 dot se
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2006

Man, I wish I had time to contribute to this, it looked awesome last time I saw it.

Johan, Do you have an URL to a current development version up somewhere?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBen
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2006

Sounds good but yeah url? jw.
    • CommentAuthorvonHanzel
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2006

want an url too :)

and could deliver a module for uploading files in flash that would also fix the restricted upload-thingy in php as the uploads are done sequentially . based on the work of felix from betriebsraum and oinam:
    http://www.betriebsraum.de/FileBrowser/FileBrowser.htm
    http://labs.oinam.com/flash8/fileuploaddownload/
    (both open-source)
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2006

Yeah, that would not be such a big issue to deal with, have done these before in other projects, but that is nothing for me to decide.

Let's just say my project are in bits and pieces, trying to get all minor bugs to go away. But I will try making a "beta" up this week. It's full summer here though, so my concentration fails every now and then :)
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2006 edited

I am starting to realize that this is one heck of a project. It would be rather easy for me to make a personalized gallery for my own needs, but the closer I get to somewhat finished, the more I realize it is quite unesscesary to make this flash interface. It kind of feels like re-inventing the wheel, since most of what I am doing, is fairly easy done with Ajax, and then left more open for people to customize. No one will ever, I'm quite sure about this, alter or modify what I have been doing. It's just to much code to handle for simple use.

I will finish this though, but it might take a bit longer than I first thought, since my motivation went fishing. Just to keep you on your toes, I am about 95% finished with the coding, and about 1% finished designing.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2006

1%? Last time I looked at it (must've been 6 months ago) it looked like a complete product. Maybe you are overthinking it? A simple release would probably be amazing. Then again, maybe I should listen to my own advice and just release Plogger 3 in it's currents state.

Either way, I hear you on the motivation thing. It is just too nice outside for programming =) I have 7 months of bitter winter for that ... =D
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2006

Johan, if you're looking for inspiration, have a look here ...
    http://fotologue.jp/

Cheers,
    Derek