Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorryu-jin
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2006

Hi and thanks for the great script!

I am having a small challenge with the import function.

FTPed all my files to the server.
    choose a folder to import from.
    select all images
    choose existing album
    hit import

Result. Some number of images are imported usually between 5 and 20

After checking the gallery page I see all the files just uploaded.

Then go back to the import page and hit "Import" again and it moves another few files over.

Ideas?

This is a bit tiring as I have 2500+ images to upload!

Is there some kind of time out feature that I can set?

I have read all the comments around import and I don't have extra characters, dots slashes or large files.

Thanks

Ryu
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2006

There are most likely some memory issues here, if you have very large images it is probably eating up a lot of memory and bombing out before the import is complete. I'm not sure there is really a solution to this, as you are limited by the hardware on your host's server. In plog-globals.php there is a statement that says "set_time_limit(0)", which is supposed to allow indefinite script execution. There may be a setting in your installation of PHP which isn't allowing this to properly take effect. Sorry, I don't have a better answer. You can also group images into different folders within the uploads directory, but that might not be the time saving solution you are looking for.
    • CommentAuthorryu-jin
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2006

Thanks Mike,

I will check plog-globals and see if it is set to (0) then chat with my hosting company about memory issues.

Cheers,