Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMiG
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2006

so i've modded Plogger heavily, changed the look a lot, and changed its basis to not be a image gallery, more of an online catalogue, but without the obvious add to cart options ect.

Since this is open source can i modfiy it like i have done and place it on my clients website ?

Do i need to do anything else ? is there any copyright notices i should read ? or is this standard GPL stuff ?

Just Checking,

MiG
    •  
      CommentAuthorBen
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2006

http://www.plogger.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=4&Focus=946#Comment_946

read that, personally I would keep the link.
    • CommentAuthorMiG
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2006

ok, thanks for that, i'll keep the linkback on :)
    I think i read mike said its not compulsary but its better if we add it :)
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2006

It's open source. According to the licence, you could actually put a "Not Powered By Plogger" link at the bottom, or replace it with a "Powered By Gallery 2.0" link.

Point is, a lot of folks, and especially Mike and Anti, put a tremendous amount of time into Plogger ... you can take the linkback off if you choose, and you wouldn't be the first. But in exchange, making a donation to the project or sending Mike a fruit basket would be nice, given that you're getting what we hope is an easy-to-configure, useful peice of software for literally nothing.

The least we hope you'll do is let other people know that you use it and like it, and let your visitors know where to find it. And it's not like AdSense is making Mike a fortune, however many hits we get. ;)

Regards,
    Derek
    No worries i understand what you mean,
    I will donate and remove the link after taking the permissions :)