Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortyoung
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2006 edited

On the website here:

http://www.bookhamiltonisland.com/plogger/

Whenever viewing an Album an error is generated.

It does NOT appear when viewing categories, or images. Also, if the number of images per page is set to less than the total number of images in an album, you only see the 1st page, and no links to other pages. I suspect it may be connected.

the error message is:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/kylie/public_html/plogger/gallery.php on line 368

)None of the albums have more than teh max images per page at this time, because the client wanted all images available!!) But ideally we want to set the images per page to 9.
    • CommentAuthortyoung
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2006

Ok, I'm getting closer to the problem, but still not sure how to fix it.

it seems that $TABLE_PREFIX is returning the name of the databse used for my CMS. (sNews) so I assume it's script has connected and used that variable.

The gallery and the CMS use different databases. I guess it would all work fine if they used the same database, but I'd rather not do that. How do I repopulate this field with the correct data, or can I change the variable name globally?

If I change the variable name, what files is it used in?
    • CommentAuthortyoung
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2006

Well, I guess it's a bug, of sorts.

In the end I simply copied the tables & data into the existing databse, and changed the config file to look at that databse instead. Works perfectly.

Perhaps in the install instructions it could suggest that you use the same database as other scripts running the site.
    I ran into the same error after adding an include statement for a stats program into plogger's index.php. Moving the include statement to gallery.php resolved the error.
    • CommentAuthortyoung
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2006

ahh, that's a good suggestion. If I need to implement it in another site (quite likely) I'lll give that a shot, thankyou.