Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorthreefity
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2006

Hey guys, Well I just tried to install plogger on another site i have just started.

When i try to use the integration feature i keep getting this message when i try to open the gallery.php file i have created.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 381 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/NAME.COM/subdomains/NAME/httpdocs/gallery/gallery.php on line 82

Does anyone know what is going on ? What i may have done wrong...

Yes all the <?php> inserts are in the write places (i believe) and NO its not NAME.com :)

Thanks,

Matt
    • CommentAuthornonob
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2006

Hi ,

I have the same problem and my host is free.fr

bye
    Basically this means blogger is taking up more memory on this request than you have configured php to allow. You need to configure php to let it use more memory:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/777/solve-php-fatal-error-allowed-memory-size-of-8388608-bytes-exhausted-tried/

As the article notes, this probably is not a good idea. However, if you have a beefy server and not much traffic, you might be able to get away with it. It is also important to note that plogger ups the allowed memory limit in plog-globals.php (in root directory of plogger):

if (intval(ini_get('memory_limit')) < 64) {
    @ini_set('memory_limit', '64M');

I'm not much of a php buff, but that looks like it will up the max amount of memory on plogger to 64MB if it is lower.

When I was getting the error, I was unable to make the intermediate image from .jpgs > ~5MB but I suppose it could happen at any time. The real solution is to (lossy) compress/crop your photo so that it doesn't need so much memory. Do you really need files that big (Apache also may complain at you)? In my case, I'm using plogger to show/distribute photos to family and I've got 4GB RAM and usually less than 1 concurrent user so I did the quick and dirty.

if (intval(ini_get('memory_limit')) < 128) {
    @ini_set('memory_limit', '128');

4 years late, but hopefully this will help someone ;)