Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorpuk
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2005 edited

I had a quick look round the forum and was a bit confused by the last thread on this.

I have multiple sites on my hosted account, simply sub-domained. They all share the same database. So, how could i install a new instance of Plogger onto my site?

ie: one in

here.blah.com

and one in

there.blah.com

When using the same database? Is there anyway to get Plogger to create a new database, for example Plogger for here and Plogger2 for there.

Cheers
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2005

If you can make a new database that would be easiest. Give the database a name, enter your login information and password for that particular database and then add another directory (plogger2 / plogger3) and fill it with all the files like you did with the first install. Then run install.php etc. etc.

You can do it with one database, but as I understand it you would have to change the table prefix for the new install. As this should be done in several places/files (the next beta will only have one place where the prefix is defined), it can be a little confusing. I don't know in which files at this moment, but you could do a search in your plogger directory.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBen

Well not sure of the long term effects but changing the following will allow two ploggers in the same dbase just with different prefix names. In the:

_install.php
    plog-globals.php
    plog-load_config.php
    admin/plog-globals.php

is the line:

$TABLE_PREFIX="plogger_";
    or
    $TABLE_PREFIX = "plogger_";

which I changed to:

$TABLE_PREFIX = "myplogger_";

that seems to work. Not really sure if thats going to be stable or not but it again seemed to work in my 10 min of testing, Mike is probably much more qualified to give a better answer.

**sry copied and pasted from my previous post, but jack is right the next version will only have one place to define tables... personally i would just set up a new mysql database with a new user for that database.
    • CommentAuthorpuk

Okay sweet, cheers guys, think i'll get it cracked!

Thanks
    Has there been anymore work on this? I've been out of Plogger-contact for the last couple of weeks....
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2005

Just give them different table prefixes. You could actually get them to all use the same plogger files, but that's likely a bit tricky; it would be easier just to run from separate directories.

Derek