Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjammindice
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2007 edited

OK Anonymous user uploads now are available for version 3 and 2.1 whatever your favorite flavor. Everything should work fine with themes for now though the upload page is currently a whole seperate deal so no fancy site integration or theme stuff yet... i'm working on it...

In the admin section there is a new tab called "approve" which lists the files users have uploaded and allows you to approve/delete them. The person uploading can pick a picture, suggest a comment for the pic, and suggest where it should go. In the approve tab you have the option to modify the comment and collection/album settings or just outright delete the entry. The format of the page is mostly like the import page, check which ones you want to approve/deny change any settings if applicable then hit the appropriate button at the bottom of the page (approve or deny).

There is also an additional instruction file Plogger-Anonymous.txt that details the install/upgrade instructions READ THIS BEFORE INSTALLING

WARNING: i made the changes to version 2.1 in roughly 15 hours of actual time over two days and version 3 in like 3 hours, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

With that said i find it works pretty well in both 2.1 and 3

Version 2.1 download:
    i updated the _install.php for version 2.1 to add the plogger_uploads table so feel free to download it HERE
    i no longer offer 2.1 test functionality, if you would like to test it out, install to a different database and directory on your site, or just upgrade to version 3

Version 3 download:
    This download is a full set of all files needed for ploggerb3, just simply copy over your current directory (save your plog-config.php first) run the install then follow the extra instructions in the included text file mentioned below.
    After installing beta 3 Anonymous you need to read ploggerb3-anonymous.txt it has the complete install instructions and changelog and to do list if you care... but it has install instructions which you will need to follow.
    You can get it Here
    You can also test drive this versions functionality by going to the Gallery and Gallery Admin
    USERNAME: admin
    PASSWORD: password

upload a photo through the upload link opposite the breadcrumbs (on the right side) first then it should show up in the admin under the approve tab but not under the import tab.

PLEASE DO NOT ABUSE THIS or i will disable access to it. and please cleanup after yourself by removing any pictures you've uploaded. Thank You

HIGHSLIDE INTEGRATION:
    also if you're in album view (which seemed most realistic) you will see the highslide JS integration when you click on a picture. You can also use highslide for regular html, iframes, flash, etc... pretty cool stuff.

I only tested on freebsd 5.x running apache 1.3.x and php4 and php5 with mysql support version 5.x (i put x cause i don't know the versions off the top of my head and i don't care to look them up right now).

Plogger Admin's if i posted this in the wrong section help me out here and put it where people can see it
    • CommentAuthorcderring
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2007

Great add-on.
    I do see some errors on your site when testing.
    Error after upload:
    Warning: rename(/var/tmp/phppBmB4T,/www/mynetsetup.com/gallery/uploads/user_uploads/yd41_persian_gulf_1991.jpg) [function.rename]: Operation not permitted in /www/mynetsetup.com/gallery/plog-user-functions.php on line 63
    Errors seen when viewing the just uploaded image at http://www.mynetsetup.com/gallery/index.php?level=picture&id=78
    Warning: getimagesize(/www/mynetsetup.com/gallery/images//www/mynetsetup.com/gallery/images/randomness/gay_test_images/yd41_persian_gulf_1991.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/mynetsetup.com/gallery/gallery.php on line 850

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: Stat failed for /www/mynetsetup.com/gallery/images//www/mynetsetup.com/gallery/images/randomness/gay_test_images/yd41_persian_gulf_1991.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /www/mynetsetup.com/gallery/gallery.php on line 851

I'll leave the image up, so you ca hopefully see what I'm seeing.
    Cheers,
    Chad
    ok errors fixed and the tar.gz file has been updated too.

I knew of the first error, it complains it can't move the file, but it does... so i'm not sure what is going on there so i just turned off error reporting there.

Thanks for catching the other error, just putting the full path into the db when only the path of the collections/albums needed to be put there.

Anyway all fixed and thanks for your interest
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2007 edited

OK.. two versions up now... This is just anonymous uploads and This is also with highslide integration

I'm checking out version 3 and we'll see about getting all this working on the new version.
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2007

Ok new version 3 is up and running... still working on some additional integration and option features as well as a version 3 highslide js integrations
    • CommentAuthortorwald
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2007

so do i have to use version 2 to make this work or does it works with plogger 3?
    Yes you can use it with version 3, download the file from the link above (in the main post under "plogger3 download") and it contains the files that you would need to add/replace in your current directory setup.

If you've made any customizations to any of the files that need to be replaced then you should transfer those customizations. Of course always backup your setup before copying over. Let me know if you find any problems/bugs as i've only tested on freebsd with php4 and apache 1.3 though it's general php code so it should be ok.
    • CommentAuthorGremi0
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2007

would it be tough to add a captcha image to the upload form?
    • CommentAuthorGremi0

also... how about when they upload something , it sends an email to me so that I know that I have pictures awaiting approval.?

if you do any of these suggested tweaks, please email me so that I can update.
    my email is in my profile but I will list it here it is webmaster@ "insert my username" .com

i will certainly add those items into the list... i was already thinking about the email notifications, but a captcha would be nice to add too.
    • CommentAuthortorwald
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2007

i have a problem with this.... when ever i try to upload a picture it works fine...it pops up under the "Approv" menu, but after i have approved it it wont show up. i found out that plogger tray to find the picture here http://www.mydomain.com/gallery/index.phpimages/test/test_album/f1870b07080518175319%20(4).jpg... but there is no picture. The picture is here: http://www.mydomain.com/gallery/uploads/user_uploads/ can any one help me with my problem?
    thx
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2007

did you check the permissions on your folders? it sounds like when you approve the picture plogger's not able to move the file to the new location.
    Thankful People: 2cool4school
    jammindice please fix another link to the file, because your website is down. And i reeeally need this.
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2007 edited

sorry, my raid card went up and will be rebuilding the server tomorrow morning. i have no other copies except for on that server.

the links should be up and active again about mid-day tomorrow (aug 19th about noon or 1ish EST)

EDIT: ok files are back up, as of 11 am EST monday the 20th
    • CommentAuthorgypsy
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2007

hi..I am a newbie to plogger,I really need anonymous user upload and admin approval for my site..I would really appreciate it if this will be fixed soon..thnx in advance!!
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2007

they were back up as of the previous post i made. my email address is above if the links aren't working i now have offline copies i can email you
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2007 edited

ok ok ok, whole mess of bug fixes and feature updates done.. the file is available at the same link as above or here

this is for plogger beta 3 only, i stopped development on 2.1

here are the highlights:

New instructions in Plogger-Anonymous.txt that details the upgrade instructions READ THIS BEFORE UPGRADING to the new version.

Bug Fixes:
    fixed problem not deleting picture files from user_uploads directory when picture is not approved
    fixed import tab picking up user_uploads

Feature Requests:
    integrated the upload page as a "theme page" so it can be added to multiple themes
    integrated into the options page (can now be disabled/enabled)
    added email notification to default admin address
    integrated email notification into options page (can be enabled/disabled)

Upcoming Features (feel free to help add more):
    require captcha for uploads
    Highslide JS integration on album page
    Highslide JS enable/disable via options page.
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2007 edited

More updates, enabled Highslide JS integration for the album page, made it possible to enable/disable via options page and made it site integratable.

you can check out my Test Gallery or view a Site Integrated Version

also some other minor bug fixes.
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2007 edited

OK back with some more updates... you can still preview the gallery at link in previous post or original post.

New changes are as follows:

Features:
    Captcha required for anonymous uploads (not entirely secure can be scripted around just basic implementation to get it working for those of you that asked)

Highslide JS link when clicking on pictures has been removed (caused problems closing images when images were small, you would end up on highslide site instead of closing the image)

Highslide JS now has descriptions added beneath the picture when picture is clicked on.

Plogger: added a picture detail link that links to the picture page so users can add/view the comments/details now (with highslide enabled also)

DOWNLOADING:
    you can click d/l link in original post or Download Here

Future Changes:
    Expand config section for highslide in options tab
    Choose a theme for highslide or make your own?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkent
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2007

Watch my cool cat ;)

btw.. you should make an archive with changed files only
    • CommentAuthorbswinnerton
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008 edited

Using the b3 anonymous one, and when i read the .txt file it says to do the following sql:

use plogger_database;
    create table plogger_uploads like plogger_pictures;
    alter table plogger_config add enable_anon_upload tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
    alter table plogger_config add anon_email_notify tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
    alter table plogger_config add enable_highslide tinyint(4) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

but i get:

#1051 - Unknown table 'plogger_pictures'

Am I supposed to manually create plogger_pictures? And if so how many fields?
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2009

I didn't know this would still be actively used, i would need to look at the new version of plogger, i created this when plogger Beta three first came out, what is the interest in this? i could create an update with enough response
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009

jammindice: You should get in touch with sidtheduck so he can talk with you about creating this functionality as a plugin rather than modifying the core files. We are trying to avoid modifications that require altering core files as much as possible so that users will feel comfortable upgrading their galleries to the latest version without losing their modifications. You'll find the latest version from SVN to be quite stable to begin working with.
    • CommentAuthorlastrider
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2009 edited

Posted By: torwaldi have a problem with this.... when ever i try to upload a picture it works fine...it pops up under the "Approv" menu, but after i have approved it it wont show up. i found out that plogger tray to find the picture here http://www.mydomain.com/gallery/index.phpimages/test/test_album/f1870b07080518175319%20(4).jpg... but there is no picture. The picture is here: http://www.mydomain.com/gallery/uploads/user_uploads/ can any one help me with my problem?
    thx

I have the same problem as torwald.

After uploading via anonymous the uploads are stored in /uploads/user_uploads/ but the site doesn't display the picture, instead linking to /images/(collections)/(albums)/picture.jpg, where there are no pictures.

I have for the sake of testing, CHMOD all the folders to 777. Still after approving the files remain in uploads/user_uploads/ only and so don't display on the site. What's wrong?
    • CommentAuthorginner159
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2011

hey sorry to bumb an old thred but keep searching and coming back to this

has a plugin been made and if so where can i get it? if not will this work with Version 1.0 RC1?

cheers in advance and kudos to the team and every1 whos made this great gallery tool!