Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorvpahuja
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2005

I have been trying to integrate plogger beta 2 with wordpress 1.5.2 and been running into a lot of issues...

The way I am doing it is I create a wordpress page and then I have a template made for that page that I apply to that page.

I have been working around some my self but I can use some help for these issues:

1) Warnings that I am getting

OK, I know it says that it is a 3 line process but it has been a bit challenging for me to find which files those 3 lines need to go into in wordpress. I finally got some results by putting it in the themes index.php file but am getting following warning

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/vpahuja/public_html/wp-content/themes/Blix/plogger.php:7) in /home/vpahuja/public_html/wp-gallery/plog-globals.php on line 5

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/vpahuja/public_html/wp-content/themes/Blix/plogger.php:7) in /home/vpahuja/public_html/wp-gallery/plog-globals.php on line 5

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/vpahuja/public_html/wp-content/themes/Blix/plogger.php:7) in /home/vpahuja/public_html/wp-gallery/plog-load_config.php on line 26
    /home/vpahuja/public_html//wp-gallery/gallery.php

The first warning suggests that I am starting a session again, so I commented out the specified line and I was able to get rid of the warning. Just want to make sure that can anyone think of any issues I might run because of commenting out that line?

I comment out the second line referenced in the warning and that seems to take care of it but just want to run by devs here?

2) Search

How can I integrate the plogger search with wordpress search? I do not want to see two search boxes in my page? I can probably find how to get rid of it, but will need some help integrating it with wordpress search functionality.

--Vish
    • CommentAuthorshep
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2005

i've been wondering about this too. any help would be appreciated.
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2005

I think it would be better to wait for the wordpress plugin to be ready. As I see it (and I'm NOT a php expert) "headers already sent" can be correct because wordpress itself also sends these headers. If you want to use it together with wordpress right now, I'd suggest to create a static page with the same layout as wordpress, but without any of the code (like 'wp-blog-header.php').
    • CommentAuthorvpahuja

jack
    That is a very interesting suggestion. So you are saying that instead of integrating plogger inside wordpress, do it the other way? Create a static page like wordpress and use that?

can you please elaborate on that?

Any one knows when the wordpress plugin be available? From what I could find online googling, it seems there is no work going on the plugin as of now !!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoranti

> The first warning suggests that I am starting a session again,
    > so I commented out the specified line and I was able to get rid of the warning.
    > Just want to make sure that can anyone think of any issues I might run
    > because of commenting out that line?

Plogger uses sessions to store picture sort order and also for whether details should be shown or not.

Commenting that session_start() in plog-globals out should not break anything, because a session has already been started by WordPress and Plogger simply uses that.

I fixed this in SVN as well - http://dev.plogger.org/changeset/198
    • CommentAuthorjack

vpahuja, what I meant was copy the index.php page, changing the wordpress code within your <divs> to static content, and placing the ploggercode in the appropriate place.
    • CommentAuthorvpahuja

Thanks jack, I think I got it and will implement it sometime today....

All:
    I am still waiting for *any* comments on how to integrate the search !!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

The searches are incompatible. Plogger search works for Plogger and Wordpress search works for Wordpress. To combine them would require some serious coding.
    • CommentAuthorvpahuja

may be I should ask this in wordpress forum....
    I guess all I need to do is add plogger tables in the list of tables that are being searched by wordpress...!!
    • CommentAuthorJanD
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2005

Yes, I am wondering about this too.
    What is the latest status of the mentioned plugin?

Cheers, Jan
    I'm looking for a gallery that will link from a thumbnail to a wordpress post, like such:

http://www.trarr.net/gallery/

I'd also like the thumbnails to be randomly generated in the Sidebar, like this:

http://brandon.slipabuck.com

Someone reccommended Plogger. Is this a good solution?
    • CommentAuthorJanD
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2005

Are there any updates about the plogger wp plugin?

Thanks, Jan
    •  
      CommentAuthorCroila
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2005 edited

Vpahuja, I managed to integrate Wordpress 1.5 and Plogger 2 very successfully: www.croila.net (then hit the "photos" link on the sidebar).

What I did was create a clone of the main Wordpress index.php page and place it in the Plogger directory, but make the calls to Plogger within that page and strip out most stuff other than the sideabar and the template:

*******************************************************************************

<?php require('../wp-blog-header.php');
    require("gallery.php"); ?>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="<?php bloginfo('html_type'); ?>; charset=<?php bloginfo('charset'); ?>" />

<title><?php bloginfo('name'); ?> <?php if ( is_single() ) { ?> &raquo; Blog Archive <?php } ?> <?php wp_title(); ?></title>

<meta name="generator" content="WordPress <?php bloginfo('version'); ?>" /> <!-- leave this for stats -->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_url'); ?>" type="text/css" media="screen" />
    <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS 2.0" href="<?php bloginfo('rss2_url'); ?>" />
    <link rel="alternate" type="text/xml" title="RSS .92" href="<?php bloginfo('rss_url'); ?>" />
    <link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Atom 0.3" href="<?php bloginfo('atom_url'); ?>" />
    <link rel="pingback" href="<?php bloginfo('pingback_url'); ?>" />

<?php wp_get_archives('type=monthly&format=link'); ?>

<?php wp_head(); ?>

<?php the_gallery_head(); ?>
    </head>
    <body>

<div id="frame">

<a href="http://www.croila.net/">

<span id="blogtitle">
    &nbsp;
    </span>

</a>

<div id="content">
    <?php the_gallery(); ?>
    </div>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
    <?php get_footer(); ?>

*******************************************************************************

Only problem I now have is getting the "show details"/"hide details" link to display properly in Firefox ...

I also am really keen to know when there will be a Plogger WP plugin!

Regards
    Croila
    • CommentAuthorjwurster
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2005

I am having difficulty integrating with WordPress. I have made a Page from which I redirect to the Plogger index.php file. I made the index file from instructions I found on http://phoenixrealm.com/2005/09/22/integrating-plogger/. The instructions are similar to those above.

I seem to be having a conflict with some WP plugin, wordpress/wp-content/plugins/stats/geoip.php, give many errors like:
    Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in
    and also for ftell() and fread().

Do you have any idea what might be happening and how to resolve?
    Thanks, jim
    • CommentAuthorjwurster

Sorry for the previous comment. I found the offending WP plugin. It is WP-Advanced-Stats. When I deactivated it, I was fine. Now I can proceed with further testing of Plogger.
    • CommentAuthorddejong

It shouldn't even matter. PHP deals with already-started sessions all the time. Consider a page which requires authorization; if you already have a session, and try to start one, PHP doesn't freak out and make you login again, or throw an error and exit. It accepts that you already have a session and uses that.

However, what does matter is that something is sending content before you form and finish the headers. Headers MUST be sent before content; so if there are any output characters (even whitespace) above your head() function, it will give you the "headers already sent" error. This is the root of the problem, not that PHP is trying to start a new session.

Regards,
    Derek
    •  
      CommentAuthoranti
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2005

There is an alpha version of Wordpress plugin now, very-very basic, but works. Mostly.

http://dev.plogger.org/wiki/WordPressPlugin
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2005

Before anyone gets too excited, the WP plugin only works with the latest nightly (NOT beta2), and the latest nightly still has some kinks making it unsuitable for production environments.

If you hold tight for a bit, we will most likely be releasing an interim beta release (v2.5) which will include a few new features, mainly Plogger theme support and Wordpress plugin support.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2005

Really hard to say FreeAgent. We are working hard, contributing whenever we have free time. We just took on another developer, so things should pick up a bit. I want to get a release out in the next couple of months.
    • CommentAuthorvpahuja
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2006 edited

I stopped following this for a while and it is all good news...
    I was also finally able to get plogger work in wordpress with similar instructions provided in this thread...but the key issue that still remains is SEARCH.

Anyways, when is the plugin coming out?
    • CommentAuthorMrono
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2006

I can't seem to get it in at all, it keeps coming up weird and when i click on anything it breaks out, i keep getting all sorts of mysql errors