Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordeus62
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2005

Hi,

great little program. I installed it for someone else on my website who is abroad for a year and everything is working smoothly. There's only one problem:

When someone posts a comment which contains a contracted form (like "I've" instead of "I have"), there's a backlask before the apostrophe like this "I've".

I'm brwosing the gallery with Firefox on a WinXP system.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this small problem?

Cheers from southern Germany.

deus62
    • CommentAuthordeus62

I meant "backslash" above ...
    • CommentAuthordeus62

I can't post the backslash example here. It's eaten by vanilla.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Thanks, deus. I actually found this bug shortly after releasing Beta 2 and squashed it within the current code base.

If you'd like to fix it within your copy, simply do this:
    gallery.php, line 909 in display_comments()

$output .= "<p>".htmlspecialchars($row["comment"])."</p>";

Change it to
    $output .= "<p>".htmlspecialchars(SmartStripSlashes($row["comment"]))."</p>";
    • CommentAuthordeus62

Great.
    Thanks.
    I'll get to it right away.
    • CommentAuthordeus62
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2005 edited

Worked like a charm.
    Thanks!
    :)

P.S.: For your information: I did download a copy today so the bug was still in that download.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2005

Deus,

The downloadable copy is still Beta 2 ("I actually found this bug shortly after releasing Beta 2"). The "new codebase" Mike is referring to is the successor to Beta 2, but isn't yet ready for public consumption; alas, even though there are bugs in it, it's a beta (and it's to therefore be expected), but there would probably be even more bugs and complaints if another version was released with half-finished support for WordPress integration and the like.

So, although there are bugs in Beta 2, they will have to be hand-coded by users until the dev team sees fit to grace us with another production-grade release.

Hope that clears things up.