Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthoramory
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2005

I am trying to integrate the login systems of WordPress and Plogger such that whenever a user logs into WP, the plogger cookie is automatically hashed. I had already accomplished this, but at the moment am switching gear to use Plogger due to some extra personal required features for my project.

Anway, I wanted to know in which file does Plogger hash/store its cookie for user login? I poked around the admin files as well as some others to no avail.

Thanks,
    Amory
    • CommentAuthoramory
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2005

Found some clues in plog-upload.php - it looks like the login uses sessions, as opposed to cookies, which I am not familiar with.

Basically what I am trying to put together is some code that when a user logs into WordPress, they are automatically logged into Plogger. I don't need multiple users - being able to move between WP and Plogger admins would suffice. For ZenPhoto, this was easy. All I had to do was add in the ZP cookie in after the WP success function.

How difficult/plausible is what I'm describing with regards to sessions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would ask on the status of the WP-PL plugin, but it has been asked often already, with development appearing to be minimum.

Thanks,
    Amory
    • CommentAuthoramory
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2005

Does anyone have any tips on how to send login information to plogger when a user logs into WordPress?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2005

You can send a POST or GET string to any of the PHP files in the admin directory except for index.php

So a get string (not recommended, completely insecure)
    http://www.plogger.org/admin/plog-upload.php?action=log_in&username=admin&password=password

If you can pass these same variables using the POST method (from an HTML form), then they would be passed more securely.

The result of doing this is that a session is created on your server and you should be able to navigate to any of the Plogger admin pages without having to provide login credentials.
    • CommentAuthoramory
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2005

I get the following error when trying to send a post directly from a link in WP-admin.
    "Plogger cannot connect to the database because: Unknown MySQL Server Host 'http' (1)"

I will try adding the form to the wordpress login page, but won't having two submitted forms with different action paths create some problems?
    • CommentAuthoramory
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2005

Does anyone have a suggestion/workaround for the MySQL server host error that arises when using a standard link/javascript to send a form to admin/plog-upload.php?