Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkanjigirl
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2005

I just installed Plogger to my server (first time user) and am getting an 'invalid login' message when I try to login on the admin page.

I went back and rechecked my database and admin usernames and passwords. The user name and password in 'plog_config.php' is identical to the ones I set for my database.

Where do I find the admin username and password? I mean in which .php file can I reset those, or is there something else going on possibly?

Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorddejong

The admin username and password are stored in a table of the database called "plogger_config". However, if I remember, the password column is the result of an MD5 hash, so there's not much chance of resetting it manually without the key, and I don't know what clearing it would do; I can't decide if clearing the value would equate to an empty password. Mike would be the one to ask. Worst case, you can try it, but do store the value (or be ready to reinstall). ;)

However, you should be using the admin username/password you configured with the install, NOT the username/password for the database. They can be the same, but they don't have to be, as they are different logins altogether.

Worst case, drop the database tables and reinstall. Evidently you haven't added photos (which would require logging in), so there's not much to lose.

Good luck,
    Derek
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Kanjigirl,

Derek is right, the password is not stored plaintext in the database, it is an MD5 hash of your password.

Using PHPMyAdmin it is really wasy to get an md5 hash of your password by using the function "MD5" on your plaintext password before inserting it.

More info here: http://plogger.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=110
    • CommentAuthorkanjigirl

It worked (using MD5 in phpMyAdmin to reset the password)! Thanks so much!
    • CommentAuthorjojomon
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2006

Hey there, all. I'm having a similar problem to kanjigirl but am not having any luck with the solution. Here's my problem:

I had forgotten the admin password for my plogger login. I searched the forum here for a suitable workaround and came across the solution using phpMyAdmin. Now, while I don't have phpMyAdmin installed, I was able to find several MD5 encryption tools online. I reentered the encrypted password using a SQL command line, but to no avail. I assumed there must be something wrong with the encryptor I was using and opted for a fresh install.

So, I deleted all the files and dropped all the tables and ran the install script from a different directory. Everything seemed to install fine, the tables were created, but I STILL was getting an "Invalid Login" error.

So I went through the same process, just to make sure I wasn't going insane... Indeed, no matter how many times I do a fresh install (that always involves dropping all the tables) i still get an invalid login. Any idea what the problem might be?

Many thanks in advance for any help. Cheers!
    • CommentAuthorprisme
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2006

Hi,

I had a previous install of plogger that just worked fine, but i had a server crash and had to reinstall it...

and now I have exactly the same problem as jojomon :(
    very frustrating, i've just reinstalled like 7 times, tried to modify plog_globals...
    still get the same error message

how is that ? any idea ?
    • CommentAuthorprisme
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2006 edited

I've found a solution :
    edited plog-globals.php and replaced all the $_REQUEST by $_POST

it's probably because to a slight change in my server's php config,don't know which parameter exactly...
    anyway maybe that little hack can help :)
    • CommentAuthorzikoriats
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009

My login is invalid to. (After I had to run the instalation a couple of time) I tried to replace it like sidtheduck says. But still it doesn´t work. Ive got my server on One.
    What should I do?

thanks!