Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorT2
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2005

I would like to keep the viewer comments available, but remove the (# of comments) under the thumbnails. Is this doable?
    Also, in place of (# of comments) I would like to put # of views and/or # of downloads. I suspect I would need another script to pull this off if it's even possible.

Anyone want to tackle this one? (It's Football Season),
    T2
    • CommentAuthorddejong

I'll break my answer down into two tasks:

1) This is the easy one. If you just don't want the "(# comments)" to show in the gallery, add this line to your stylesheet (gallery.css):
    .meta-header {
    display:none;
    }

2) If you want to keep track of the number of views or downloads, you'll first have to add a database column that keeps track of them. That's simple enough. When a file is called through Plogger, increment this value by one. Then, find where gallery.php writes "(# comments)" and replace the query with one to retrieve the other value.

Don't use solution 1 & 2 together, as 1 would hide your changes for 2. However, you could use 1 while you implemented 2, then undo 1 to see your changes.

Good luck,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorT2

Thank you for taking the time to explain that Derek. I'll give it a try and post the results.

Regards,
    T2