Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkents
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009

I have successfully integrated plogger with my web-site by following the instructions in the documentation, and I am very pleased with the results. The only niggle is that since I generate the files for my web-site using a tool (Web Easy 7) which doesn't allow me to specify custom script to go on the first line of the file for a web page, I have to edit the file manually to insert the require function for pulling in gallery.php every time I do a full rebuild of the site. The tool does however let me specify script to go in the HEAD and BODY sections.

I have just tried putting the require function in the HEAD section instead of on the first line of the file, and it seems to still work, but of course it's difficult to be sure that there isn't some problem lurking somewhere. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me what might go wrong with this approach.
    • CommentAuthormikez
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009

The require function initializes Plogger, and so long as it is called first before any other Plogger functions or includes (whether on line 1 or somewhere within an HTML tag), you should be OK. Just make sure no browser content is output before it is called, otherwise you may get 'cannot set header' errors.

Mike