Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorbuckmajor
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009 edited

Hi there
    I installed plogger correctly on my localhost but as I uploaded the site to a web server my gallery is not showing now.
    So I installed it again which I didn't mind but then I get this error now:

string(72) "Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'%' to database 'dbname'" string(72) "Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'%' to database 'dbname'" string(72) "Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'%' to database 'dbname'" string(72) "Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'%' to database 'dbname'" string(72) "Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'%' to database 'dbname'" string(72) "Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'%' to database 'dbname'"
    Notice: Undefined index: install_values in /hsphere/local/home/digitalp/dmaireroa.com/trunk_589/plog-admin/_install.php on line 25

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /hsphere/local/home/url/trunk_589/plog-admin/includes/install-functions.php on line 544

Table 'digita9_plogger.plogger_config' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM `plogger_config`

In file: /trunk_589/plog-admin/_install.php

On line: 41

P.S I am using the trunk_589 rev just to let you know.

When you think the problem is over, they just keep coming back at ya lol.

Please I would appreciate anyone's help on this one.

CHEERS :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009

buckmajor,

I'm not exactly sure, but it seems like your database information may be incorrect? Did you upload your localhost plog-config.php file when you uploaded to the remote server? If so, I'd delete it and try to run the _install procedure again.
    • CommentAuthorbuckmajor

Ok thanks Sid, I will try again and back to you.

• CommentAuthorbuckmajor

Does it have to CHMOD 777? Only cause I was told it is not secure to have 777 permissions on files or folders because it allows anyone to write to your files.
    • CommentAuthorbuckmajor
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009

Yes finally got it installed.

I have one question though, why is it that when we reset the password then we are given a new one through our email instead of customizing our own?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009

The reset password functionality is used to reset your password when you have forgotten it and are unable to log in to your Plogger gallery admin panel again. The password you are sent via email allows you to log in again, and you can then change your password on the Options page to whatever you want it to be.

The only way to securely reset the password is to process the request via the email address that is associated with your Plogger gallery; otherwise, anyone could simply click the "Reset Password" link and end up locking you out of your gallery.

If you already know your password, you are able to change that at any time on the Options page.
    • CommentAuthorbuckmajor
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009 edited

Oh I see, thanks for that Kimp.

I know how to install it now and very happy about it cause it has taken me a lot of testing and now I can install it smoothly. I have a funny feeling there will be a lot more errors ahead so il take my chances now well I can.

This is what I had to do if those are still finding it hard to install:

INSTRUCTION
    ===========

1. To install, upload all of the files in the Plogger distribution to your web server.
    2. In your web server go to folder /truck_589/polg-content/images, /truck_589/polg-content/thumbs and /truck_589/polg-content/uploads and make it permission to 777 e.g. Link.
    3. Then, run the install script (/plog-admin/_install.php) in the web browser of your choice. Follow the prompts and make sure paths are correct.
    mysql host:
    mysql username:
    myswl password:
    etc
    > Next step, download the plog-config.php. Upload it to web server where the plog directory is and then click install from the web browser. It should take you directly to the admin login.

But if anyone has a different solution then add them on if you want or a better one, then please go ahead.

I'm not sure about the folders being 777 but it worked for me and that was a real stuff up in this whole week of installing Plogger.

• CommentAuthorRichie086
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009

setting 777 makes the folders readable, writable and executable for your account, as well as any other accounts (logins) on that system that may need to read, write or execute files that are contained within the directory..

In general, its not a good thing to do unless its explicitly stated that it is required for the application/web app to work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009

Richie086,

Just to clarify, I agree wholeheartedly with your comment that 777 permissions are not a good thing. The current SVN code that we are gearing up for a release has attempted to address those permissions issues and keep folders at 0755 and files at 0644 (even with safe_mode enabled servers). It's taken a bit to get this working correctly across as many server environments as we could test, but I think we're pretty much there. I just wanted to let you know that the next release of Plogger will have folder permissions wrapped up so there is less of a security threat for hackers gaining access to your folder on a shared server setting (getting in through other means than Plogger, but using the open permissions on the folders as a vulnerability).