Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkoko
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2005 edited

Hi,

I'm from Belgium (the part where they speak Dutch) and I am 'webmaster' of a website for kids (from 3 - 15 years old). Those kids doesn'r understand English. Therefor I thought it could be usefull to translate all the used words in dutch, but maybe, if the develoment team likes this, you can put all the used terms in 1 file and get it from there. This way, it is very easy to choose your own language (it is just a configuration variable) and i think you can reach many more people.

If you are interested, I will try to set up the Dutch translation... If you would like to see an example: you can download dokuwiki (http://www.splitbrain.org/_media/projects/dokuwiki/dokuwiki-2005-09-22.tgz?id=projects%3Adokuwiki&cache=cache) and see what I mean in /inc/lang.

I don't know whether it is a lot more work or not, but I think it would be a good idea?? (Maybe you already have another solution in mind??)
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2005

Hi koko; it's a really great idea. So great, that it's already coming in Plogger Beta 3. So, if you wait until then, there will be internationalization support (the geek term for "translatable") which should make it much easier.

Right now, in Beta 2, it is a LOT of work, because all of the flags are hard-coded in English. There are a few forum posts about it, if you want more details.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorkoko
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2005

hi,

I didnn't know it would be in Beta 3 (where can I find some info about Beta 3??) and I tried to find something in the forum (searched with 'translation'), but I couldn't find anything.

Anyway, If it is possible, I'll help you translating ;-)
    • CommentAuthortmhai
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2005

So will I! I am of Greek origins and I can help in the translating of Plogger.
    • CommentAuthorllumeao
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2005

So will I! I can contribute to the french and esperanto translations
    • CommentAuthorfloo
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2005

yop

would help with the french version
    • CommentAuthorestorde
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2005

I have one problem when I try to translate to spanish language.

Always it reports me the same error:

"Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/estorde/public_html/viajes/plogger/gallery.php:1) in /home/estorde/public_html/viajes/plogger/plog-globals.php on line 5

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/estorde/public_html/viajes/plogger/gallery.php:1) in /home/estorde/public_html/viajes/plogger/plog-load_config.php on line 26"

I don't know what happens!!!
    • CommentAuthorestorde
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2005

I get translate the file.

The error was because i used the "Notepad". You should modify files and save as UTF-8