Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormionick
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009

Hi,
    I'm trying to install trunk589, and get the following error:
    "The PHP session.save_path variable is not set in your php.ini file. Please contact your webhost on how to set this system variable."

In the php.ini file I put
    session.save_path = "/tmp"

But no luck.

What am I doing wrong, is it where I put the php.ini file, or the path syntax?

Some info:

When logging thru ftp client I have
    root > where among other folders, and files I have the public_html folder
    I've put the php.ini in the root, and plogger here
    /public_html/my_domain_name/plogger

I also tried putting the php.ini in all plogger folders, but no luck

Thank you
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2009

session.save_path = "/tmp"
    Do you have access to save sessions in this folder?
    • CommentAuthormionick
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2009

Excuse my ignorance, I'm a beginner, what do you mean by having access to "this folder"? Do you mean the tmp?
    If yes I can open it, and upload/download from it, is that what you mean by access?

Thank you, and sorry for the delay in responding, I opened the thread, then went home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2009 edited

Mionick -

To fix this quickly, open plog-globals.php and add the following line right before line 22:
    session_save_path('/path/to/tmp/');
    Change /path/to/tmp/ to the correct path for your server, i.e. /home/accountusername/tmp/. You can find the correct path to that folder by opening your FTP program, connecting to your webserver, and navigate to the existing /tmp/ folder (should be at the same level as /public_html/). The address bar in your FTP program should show you the proper path.

Once you've got the correct path in that line in plog-globals.php, save and upload the file to your webserver, overwriting the existing file.
    • CommentAuthormionick
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2009

Thank you very much, it works. ;)