Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrtuttle
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2005

Hi, I just installed Plogger and got everything up and running except for creating albums. After I create a category and then try to create an album within that category it routinely gives me this error message: "Could not create directory !"

I cannot figure out why. Can anyone here offer any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Richard
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2005

Sounds as if that directory was not writable. But that would be strange because Plogger checks for that during install. But could check the permissions of the 'images' directory on your server and set it to 777. Just to be sure, also check the rest of those directories: /plogger, /plogger/thumbs, /plogger/uploads.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2005

Can you check to see if PHP is in safe mode? I have gotten problem reports for your same issue and everyone has had safe mode on. Alternatively, if anyone on this board has gotten Plogger to work with safe_mode on, I would love to hear about it.
    • CommentAuthorkejsersoze
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2005

I had the exact same problem. I had my ISP move my domain to a server with php safe mode set to off. This took care of the problem immediately.
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2006 edited

I have some really wierd problems with my installation of plogger. I have tried to install it on 2 different servers, with almost identical settings. (one is php 4.4.1, the other is 4.4.2) It worked on one of them (4.4.1), but not on the other.

Whats really strange here is that safe_mode is ON, on both servers. I have no clue at all what might be the problem here. The next thing might be even cheezier, as Plogger has created an new collection (with it's folder), I cannot even create a new "albumfolder" via FTP or cpanels filebrowser. The folder is untouchable. If I delete the "Images" folder and start over, I can create as many levels of folders as I wish if I do it manually. Anyone stumbled upon this before?
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2006

I need to bump this since I can't solve this by my self! Anyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Johan, you need to see if you can get safe_mode turned off on your server. Plogger cannot create folders on your web server with this restriction, and there is really no way around it.
    • CommentAuthoralexx

I had same problem after instaling.
    I did my own hack on that: I made new folders on server via ftp, gave them "777" promition. use same folder names for your album.
    you can also upload direct all (image..) files from ftp to plogger "upload" folder.
    hope this help...
    alex
    • CommentAuthorJohan

Mike, it does create the collection folder, not album though, it's where it all ends.. that is why I can't figure this out. I have installed plogger beta 3 on another server, with safe_mode on and it all works great, there must be another sollution to this.

Almost no servers in sweden (only expensive ones) allow safe_mode on.