Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrendeto
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009

I ran into issues while trying to use the random image plugin on my Wordpress sidebar. It returns the following notice:

Notice: Undefined index: theme_url in gallery\plogger.php on line 114

It also messes up with Wordpress categories, comments links and stats. I had no problems using plugins on the static home page, though.
    Plogger is running separately, it's not integrated into Wordpress. I'm using WordPress 2.7.1 and Plogger SVN (598). Address is:

http://rendeto.info/blog/
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2009

I'll have to take a look at it, rendeto. I have not tested the "plugins / hacks" in Wordpress at all.
    • CommentAuthorrendeto
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009

OK, I'll be checking this thread.
    • CommentAuthorrendeto
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009

Well, is anyone working on that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009

Hi rendeto,

I finally was able to squeeze out some time to test the Plugins from Wordpress. It looks like it's just an issue with the "global" call in plogger.php. To fix, open plogger.php and look for this at the top:
    <?php

include_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/plog-load-config.php');

global $config;

Change it to read:
    <?php
    global $config, $thumbnail_config;

include_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/plog-load-config.php');

That should make it all work for you.
    • CommentAuthorrendeto
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009

Thanks Sid,

I tried this fix and it works for displaying the photo thumbnail with correct link. But it still prevents Wordpress from listing categories, links and recent comments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

rendeto,

How are you including the Plogger plugin code? Is it hard-coded into the template sidebar file or via a widget? I seem to have no issues if I do it either way with Plogger 1.0 R601 and Wordpress 2.8.4
    • CommentAuthorrendeto

Actually I copy-pasted the php include code from "use this plugin" section of Plogger admin panel into the sidebar template. After it come all the wigets. Is there any other option I can try?

I experimented moving the code around. If I put it at the bottom of the sidebar, I still can use wigets and template tags normally. Footer is useless though. It seems to me that this code somehow prevents Wordpress from using it's own wigets and template tags.

I also tried removing the Wordpress plugins, just in case. In the next couple of days I will update to the current Wordpress version (I'm with 2.7.1 now).