Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorT2
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2005

When trying to install ploggerb2 I get the following error message:
    "Plogger connected to the MySQL host, but could not find the database fotograb_photos".
    I checked and double checked DB_user, DB_pw, DB_host, DB_name and all info is correct.
    Any ideas anyone? Thanks
    T2
    • CommentAuthorT2

Another thought. Do I have to enter the DB info in _install.PHP manually or does the install write it?
    T2
    • CommentAuthorT2

I mean in plog_config.php
    • CommentAuthorddejong

You must let _install.php do it, otherwise Plogger will think it is already installed.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorT2

Yea, I found that out the hard way. Bye the way I was getting the message " Plogger already installed" and I had to delete the plog_config.php file to get to the install page. Any ideas as to why plogger can't find the DB?

Thanks much,
    T2
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2005

Make sure the user also has permissions for that database.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorT2

User has all privileges
    • CommentAuthorT2

I would really appreciate any help on this issue?

Thanks,
    T2
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

T2,

Double check the name of your database in phpMyAdmin, sometimes your webhost will automatically add a prefix to your database name when you create it.

For example, when I create a database on my personal site called archive, the actual name of the database is "solanos_archive".
    • CommentAuthorT2

Hi Mike,
    My webhost does add a prefix and I entered that info on the install page. In fact, I tried it with and without the prefix, but neither way works.

T2
    • CommentAuthorT2
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2005

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
    T2
    • CommentAuthorT2
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2005

Does anyone know the line of code ploggerb2 uses to find the mysql database created for the gallery.

Thanks,
    T2
    • CommentAuthorT2
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2005

Call off the hounds, I got it working. The problem seemed to be with my webhost not plogger, Thanks to all who tried to help.

T2