Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorizhak99
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009

you can see the erorr here:
    http://www.basicgame.co.il/plogger-folder/plog-admin/_install.php
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009

izhak99,

That means that the permissions on your images/ and thumbs/ folder is not accessible by PHP to write to (i.e. save images to). You need to decrease the permissions of the file using CHMOD (through FTP or your control panel file manager are 2 examples for accessing CHMOD). If you would like, you can CHMOD those folders to 777 (completely open permissions). Since we don't want completely open permissions on our servers, Plogger will then prompt you to CHMOD the plog-content/ folder to 777 temporarily. While that folder has open permissions, the install script will create a new images/ and thumbs/ folder after deleting the existing ones. This will allow PHP to have permission to those folders since it will become the "owner" of the folders. After the install script has finished, you should be prompted to CHMOD your plog-content folder back down to 755 permissions (much better and safer security-wise).

Good luck!
    • CommentAuthorizhak99
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009

can you please explain me more simply? (or step by step)
    thank you =]!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009 edited

1. CHMOD plog-content/images/ to '777' permissions
    2. CHMOD plog-content/thumbs/ to '777' permissions
    3. CHMOD plog-content/ to '777' permisisons
    4. Run plog-admin/_install.php or click 'Try again' if already there
    5. CHMOD plog-content/ to '755' permissions when asked or when you can login to admin
    • CommentAuthorizhak99
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009 edited

thank you ,but there is anther problem now
    when i try to import images from the uploads folder its shows me error with the permissions
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009

When you import pictures.

1. Upload photos to plog-content/uploads/ folder
    2. CHMOD plog-content/uploads/ and any other subdirectories you just uploaded to that folder to '777'
    3. Import images.
    4. CHMOD plog-content/uploads/ back to '755' after you're done for safekeeping (optional, but better security).
    • CommentAuthorizhak99
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2009

thank you =]