Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I've followed the instructions for loading and configuring this. When I try to create the first collection, I receive the message :

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in D:\Hosting\5806261\html\gallery\plog-admin\plog-admin-functions.php on line 1230

Please help!!

Thank you,

theweblotus
    • CommentAuthorDani
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010

ftp to your site and set plogger and all its contents to chmod 755 and then try again. If it doesn't work, try 777 then try again.
    Thanks Dani, but I don't understand what you're saying. What do you mean by "set" the contents?
    OK, I've Googled this command (chmod 755) and also the 777, apparently this is a way to set permissions on a unix server. Mine is a Windows server. I've reset the permissions to read/write, and nothing seems to make a difference... is there any reason why this should not work on a Windows server (I can change it to a unix one if need be)? Or, is there an alternate permissions setting for a Windows server that I'm unaware of that it requires?

There was nothing in the documentation on this for specific permissions, so please help me out here!!

Thanks,

Jenni
    TheWebLotus
    Ok, so I played around with various permissions settings and finally got it to work. Plogger admins, please add all the relevant information to the documentation to save everyone time and aggravation! Thanks :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010

Posted By: theweblotusOk, so I played around with various permissions settings and finally got it to work. Plogger admins, please add all the relevant information to the documentation to save everyone time and aggravation! Thanks :)
    What actually worked for you, theweblotus? Typically, we try to code the Plogger code to work on Linux hosts, but Windows hosts seem to work most of the time as well (although it depends on the individual server setup). We aim to make it work on most hosts, but we cannot predict for every type of server setup out there either. If you post your solution, other people who have the same issue may find it useful, we can add it to the documentation, or try to code for that issue (if it happens often enough).
    I had to set the entire folder to read AND write permissions. I also had to set the folder for anonymous browsing as well as set application root.