Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorgabixSVK
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010 edited

If you have problem with .....

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in "path" on line X

Just open the .php file , find the X line and change the eregi() to preg_match()

You can have problem also with no ending delimiter "^" , just add a simple ^ into preg_match()

example [ here tag ]: preg_match('^(f|ht)tps?://<here>^</here>', $this->sourceFilename)
    • CommentAuthornvk
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010

sidtheduck,

do you endorse this fix? I get the same error as stated above.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2010 edited

Posted By: nvkdo you endorse this fix? I get the same error as stated above.
    almost :D

Yes, I would switch out eregi() with preg_match(), but there is a bit more to it. First I would use a leading and trailing slash ( / ) as standard delimeters (//, ##, {}, ^^, <>, || all work as delimeters as well) since the carat ( ^ ) in this case is not being used as a delimeter, but as a regular expression representation of the beginning of a line. Second is the "i" modifier to keep the regular expression case insensitive (as eregi() is case insensitive vs. a standard ereg() ).

So, if the old code is:
    eregi('^(f|ht)tps?://', $this->sourceFilename)
    I would replace with:
    preg_match('/^(f|ht)tps?:\/\//i', $this->sourceFilename)

Also, I believe all the eregi() instances in the code are in the phpThumb library, which is a 3rd party library that Plogger uses. I'll try to modify the code as well in the SVN base for the next release.
    • CommentAuthormasterjay
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010 edited

I am having the same problem:
    <code>Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\plogger\plog-includes\lib\phpthumb\phpthumb.functions.php on line 362</code>

My line 362 is:
    <code>if (eregi('bundled \((.+)\)$', $gd_info['GD Version'], $matches)) {</code>

Yet you are saying to change it to:
    <code>preg_match('/^(f|ht)tps?:\/\//i', $this->sourceFilename)</code>

The code looks to be quite different. As I'm a php noob could you kindly instruct me what I'm supposed to change besides 'eregi' to 'preg_match' please?

Also these lines contain errors too: 707, 779, 588, 1177. I'm using Notepad++ to edit these files but it seems that particular file (phpthumb.functions.php) only goes up to line 534. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2010

download textpad rather then notepad, it will show you linewraps which may be counted in notepad as a line.

Which verison of plogger are you using?
    • CommentAuthormasterjay
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2010 edited

I'm using version 1.0-RC1. Just downloaded and installed it on my localhost yesterday.

I don't want to install another editing program if possible, I've gotten quite used to (and fond of) Notepad++. I'm sure I can do whatever needs to be done if someone can point me in the right direction.

I searched the phpthumb.functions.php file for 'eregi' but there was nothing that was similar to:

<code>eregi('^(f|ht)tps?://', $this->sourceFilename)</code>

Ideas?

<strong>Edit:</strong>
    These are the only lines with 'eregi' in them:

$version1 = eregi_replace('([0-9]+)([A-Z]+)([0-9]+)', '\\1.\\2.\\3', $version1);
    $version2 = eregi_replace('([0-9]+)([A-Z]+)([0-9]+)', '\\1.\\2.\\3', $version2);

return eregi('^[0-9A-F]{6}$', $HexColorString);

if (eregi('bundled \((.+)\)$', $gd_info['GD Version'], $matches)) {

if (eregi('^Content-Length: (.*)', $headerline, $matches)) {

if (eregi('^Last-Modified: (.*)', $headerline, $matches)) {

They are all on different lines yet none of them resemble what was written above. So I'm still getting these five errors:

Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\plogger\plog-includes\lib\phpthumb\phpthumb.functions.php on line 362
    Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\plogger\plog-includes\lib\phpthumb\phpthumb.class.php on line 707
    Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\plogger\plog-includes\lib\phpthumb\phpthumb.class.php on line 779
    Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\plogger\plog-includes\lib\phpthumb\phpthumb.class.php on line 588
    Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\plogger\plog-includes\lib\phpthumb\phpthumb.class.php on line 1177

Can anyone help please?
    • CommentAuthormasterjay
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2010

Can anyone help with this?
    • CommentAuthormasterjay
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2010

OK I have fixed all the problems (thanks to a friend who knows some php) but there is one error left:
    Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\plogger\plog-includes\lib\phpthumb\phpthumb.class.php on line 779

That line is here:
    $AbsoluteFilename = eregi_replace('^'.preg_quote(realpath($this->config_document_root)), realpath($this->config_document_root), $AbsoluteFilename);

I changed 'eregi_replace' to 'preg_replace' but doing that only didn't fix the problem. Can someone please tell me what else I'm supposed to do here?
    • CommentAuthorjdrom
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010

Posted By: masterjayOK I have fixed all the problems (thanks to a friend who knows some php) but there is one error left:

That line is here:
    $AbsoluteFilename = eregi_replace('^'.preg_quote(realpath($this->config_document_root)), realpath($this->config_document_root), $AbsoluteFilename);

I changed 'eregi_replace' to 'preg_replace' but doing that only didn't fix the problem. Can someone please tell me what else I'm supposed to do here?

I need help with this too...

Would be nice if the SVN could be updated to support PHP5.3 so that we wouldn't have all these issues.
    • CommentAuthormasterjay
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2010

Yes I'm surprised, I wonder how many others are experiencing this problem using Plogger on a server running the latest version of php. Haven't heard a word from sidtheduck either..

Even if someone would point me in the general direction of how to fix this I would appreciate it.
    • CommentAuthorjdrom
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2010 edited

Here's the way I fixed this:

Download phpThumb_5.3_fix.zip: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2991128&group_id=106407&atid=643974
    And extract the files to "plogger\plog-includes\lib\phpthumb" overwriting everything (you may want to make a backup before hand just in case).

Works great.
    • CommentAuthormasterjay
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2010

jdrom you're a legend!! It works like a charm now.

Thanks for finding that fix, you have saved me a lot more time and trouble of finding a new gallery system. I'm sure other Plogger users with the same problem appreciate your solution. Next time I might just go straight to you.. ;)

Thanks again!
    • CommentAuthorjdrom
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2010 edited

Glad to hear it worked for you as well masterjay.

Also seems the EXIF plugin is broken too. You can grab a working copy from Zen Photo (as they develop it now).

Hopefully Plogger gets updated for PHP5/6 soon though...
    Thankful People: masterjay, cybermario
    • CommentAuthorcybermario
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2011 edited

thanks a lot for the fix, just when i found the gallery i liked i was worried to start searching again, kudos jdrom!
    • CommentAuthorsakul
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011

working for me too, thanks.
    • CommentAuthorpkearney
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2013

Hi,

I too am getting this problem (just downloaded and upgraded to the latest version of plogger in case that would fix it).

The plogger gallery is here, http://www.goldendellanticacasa.com/galleries/index.php

I tried making jdrom's changes as above, but I received a bunch of other errors. This isn't my site, but in searching for a solution I came across this which was showing the exact same errors,

http://www.kamimaliaphotography.com/portfolio/plogger-1.0RC1/index.php?level=collection&id=11

Any pointers gratefully received! I'm a complete novice to PHP, although I know a little HTML.

Regards

Paul
    • CommentAuthorpkearney
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2013

Bump...

Hi Guys, Sorry to chase, but if i can't get this fixed then I need to start looking for a replacement :-(

I kind of get the feeling that the development/support for this has dried up now?

Regards

Paul
    • CommentAuthornvk
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013

Hi Paul,

As far as i am aware, if you install RC-01 you shouldn't have these errors. Perhaps you installed an older version?

Latest one here:
    http://www.plogger.org/download/

But you are quite right, development has ceased here.

I run RC01 on a live site with no problems.
    • CommentAuthornvk
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2013

Paul,
    Apologies, it seems like RC1 does contain the issues you are describing.
    if jdrom's solution doesn''t work, then i have no other ideas

Just double check you've made the changes properly and uploaded them to your server.
    • CommentAuthorpkearney
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013

Hi nvk,

Thanks for getting back to be... I was concerned I'd hit a dead end :-( you've confirmed it for me - thanks.

Better get looking at some sort of alternative.

Cheers

Paul