Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordmehler
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010

Hello,
    I've installed plogger on my site. The installation went successfully, and the database has been created. However, when i atempt to log in I am unable to do so. I'm entering the exact username and password for login, but I keep coming back to the login page. My web hosting provider is 1and1 it's a shared hosting account and it's running php5. Suggestions appreciated.
    Is there a way to manually reset the password or is it stored username and password in one of the php files in plogger-admin? Or, in the database, which table is it in?
    Dave.
    Thankful People: lbouyea
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010 edited

http://www.plogger.org/forum/discussion/110/retrive-password/#Item_0

see this thread

Cliffnotes :

Ok, you're almost there just follow these steps:

* Open PHPAdmin in your browser

* Click on "plog_config" in the table list

* Click the "browse" tab at the top of the right hand frame

* There should be one record, click the "pencil" in the first column of the record table to edit that record

* Your password is in "admin_password" and your username is in "admin_username". Notice that your password is a MD5 hash (ex: b02a961ed8a02a25ab783e48b79865f0), it is stored that way for security reasons. In order to create a new password, you need to replace that hash with another one. PHPAdmin has a built in password hasher, so simply type your new password in plaintext (ex: "password"), and in that dropdown box in the function column, select MD5.

* Save it, try logging into your installation again
    • CommentAuthordmehler
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010

Hello,
    Thanks. That did it.
    Dave.
    • CommentAuthorlbouyea
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010

Did anyone else getting the error message:
    * Cannot connect to MySQL with the information provided. MySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (46)

* Cannot find the database booreview. MySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (46)

I'm not exactly sure where the problem is here? I already had a database named booreview set up, and plogger cannot log into it. Do I need to change the socket plogger is trying to access?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010

@lbouyea: Those messages indicate that your database server is having issues. Contact your webhost and have them correct the problem.