Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorCreatium
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2010

Hi everybody!

I've just upgraded to newest version of Plogger - 1.0 RC. Everything works fine, exept the cruft-free url's when using utf-8 characters. My album names have "????????" (Lithuanian) symbols and Plogger system automatically changes those symobls to _. Is it possible to make it change from ? to a, ? - c, ? - e and so on?

Also when I'm using name like that: "Name of the - plogger album", I get something like that in url: "name-of<strong>---</strong>plogger-album". Is it possible to throw those tripple dashes away and just have one - (in bolded place).

Thanks for those, who will try to help me.

And sorry for "broken" (:D) English.
    • CommentAuthorCreatium
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2010 edited

So no help at all? Come on, someone must know how to fix it.
    • CommentAuthorCreatium
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2012

Im still in need for help with this question...
    • CommentAuthorposlanik
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2015 edited

I'm going to go out on a limb and revive this thread, just so I can have peace of mind :) I know it's far fetched to try and get some answers and help seeing how Plogger's status is undefined at the moment, but what the heck.

I would really like to solve the issue Creatium posted since I also run a Plogger gallery that has albums and collections containing some non-English (UTF-8) letters (????? etc.). I'd also love for the script to change the diacritics (these funny looking signs) to their appropriate English corespondents (normal letters without the marks). Otherwise the SEO benefits of cruft-free URLs just aren't benefits at all, because I can't have my album URL containing this: Ex_ml__e and expect to get higher search rankings :)

Well anyways, in hope someone does take an interest in this, I'll bid you farewell. Good luck to all those running Plogger, it's still a great gallery!
    • CommentAuthorjoemolloy
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2015

This is a good question for European language users, and other world language users. But also a realisation that in a free programme there are limitations on the support you can get. I guess a lot of us users are amateurs.

I am such an amateur and would guess you need to look wider, perhaps in PHP user forums, since PHP is widely used around the globe.

I realise my post does not help your problem, but I just want you to know, even without the skill to help, I, for one am interested.