Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorboblennon
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010

I'm a first-time Plogger user, and I'd like to integrate Plogger into a LAMP website hosted by IX Web hosting which provides MySQL servers at a different URL than my registered domain name (localhost).

The website currently uses a MySQL database and I have no problems connecting to the database and selecting it through the MySQL PHP interface functions with code similar to:

$dbname = 'Mydbname';
    $link = mysql_connect("mysqlxxx.ixwebhosting.com","C123456_Bob","MyPassword") or die("Couldn't make connection.");
    $db = mysql_select_db($dbname, $link) or die("Couldn't select database");

However, when I run the installation script to install Plogger(_install.php) and fill in the form, it produces an error similar to:

"Cannot find the database Mydbname. MySQL error: Access denied for user 'C123456_Bob'@'%' to database 'Mydbname' "

The error message looks like the installation program is not parsing the user name entry properly and/or not recognizing the User ID and email address that identifies my account at the hosting service.

The input form also contains the following Administrative Setup fields:

Gallery Name:
    Your Email:
    Username:
    Password:

Should the Username be taken in the context of my host assigned user ID and the Password taken in the context of my email server or can I choose any values for these fields?

Since the installation was stopped because of these perceived errors can I just modify and rename the sample configuration file to get around this?

Obviously, I'm way over my head in filling out this simple installation form. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    • CommentAuthorboblennon
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2010

Problem Solved. I was confused over the distinction in the Admin entry fields and used my DB admin user name and password.