Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorlyn
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2005

Ok, I just tried to installed Plogger on my server. All seemed fine first. I typed in the data for my MySQL database and a username and passwort. I then was brought to a log in page for the admin, I typed username and passwort, it seemes to be accepted, but then I come to a completely blank page!!

What's wrong??

My settings:

PHP 4.1.2
    safe_mode ON
    MySQL
    GD 1.6.2 or higher
    Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) (server software)
    • CommentAuthorlyn

Ok, I tried to re-install Plogger... I deleted all files and uploaded a fresh version to my webspace. I go to plogger/_install.php, I fill in all fields, I click install and now I get this error message and I don't have a clue what it means.

Table 'plogger_collections' already exists

CREATE TABLE `plogger_collections` ( `name` varchar(128) NOT NULL default '', `description` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `path` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `thumbnail_id` int(11) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id) ) Type=MyISAM
    •  
      CommentAuthorgangavalli
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2005 edited

It means that the table that the script is trying to insert in the database already exists.
    Try for a clean installation. Remove all plogger related tables from the database.
    All plogger tables have a prefix of "plogger_". after removing try installation again.

If its the same blank screen again, get me your email address. reply to my mail with your database and site login details. lets see whats wrong.
    • CommentAuthorlyn

Ok, this helped me to continue the installation progress. Thanks!!

But now, when trying to log in to the admin, it gives me the blank page at
    plogger/admin/plog-upload.php again. :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorgangavalli

Lyn and I tried a lot of times doing chmods and upload files again.
    But it didnt work. I think there is some bug.

Have to check again with older version that I have.
    • CommentAuthorjack

Your problems resemble these:
    http://plogger.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=21&page=1#Item_4
    http://plogger.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=26&page=1#Item_4

In the last link Mike suggested the problem may have something to do with the safemode=on. But in my case and lyns we both have safemode set to 'off', so the problem must lie somewhere else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgangavalli

it didnt work even with the older version also. I am sure it is someway related to the server.
    Reported here: http://www.plogger.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=12&page=1#Comment_179
    • CommentAuthorlyn

Jack wrote "But in my case and lyns we both have safemode set to 'off', so the problem must lie somewhere else."

No, I must correct you, Jack. My safemode is set to ON.

But I actually thought that Plogger would work in safe_mode. I think I read it somewhere and the requirements didn't state anything like that.
    • CommentAuthorwarnique
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2005

I have the exact same problem, after installing beta2. I upgraded with success but when I log in I get a blank page. Have you found a solution...?
    NB: I run in safe mode
    • CommentAuthorjack

Have you tried the solution offered by Anti:
    http://plogger.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=21&page=1#Item_27
    • CommentAuthorwarnique

Yes - my plog-globals.php looks like this:

<?php

//error_reporting(E_NONE);

session_start();
    ini_set('include_path', ini_get('include_path'));
    ini_set("arg_separator.output","&amp;");

global $TABLE_PREFIX;
    $TABLE_PREFIX = "plogger_";

if (!ini_get('safe_mode'))
    set_time_limit(0);

require_once("plog-config.php");
    connect_db();

require_once("plog-load_config.php");

if (!isset($_SESSION["plogger_sortby"])){
    $_SESSION["plogger_sortby"] = $config['default_sortby'];
    }

if (!isset($_SESSION["plogger_sortdir"])){
    $_SESSION["plogger_sortdir"] = $config['default_sortdir'];
    }

if (!isset($_SESSION["plogger_details"])){
    $_SESSION["plogger_details"] = 0;

}

?>

Same result: a blank page aften admin-login.... :-(
    • CommentAuthorjack

I'm not really into php, but I see you don't have ini_set('include_path', ini_get('include_path')); as the - very first line - in your file, like Anti said. I don't know if this will make a difference...

so then it should be:

<?php
    ini_set('include_path', ini_get('include_path'));

//error_reporting(E_NONE);

session_start();
    ini_set("arg_separator.output","&amp;");

global $TABLE_PREFIX;
    $TABLE_PREFIX = "plogger_";

etc.
    • CommentAuthorwarnique
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2005 edited

Yeah , youre right...but the result is the same :-(
    I don't get it. The URL is right...(http://my_domain/ploggerb2/admin/plog-upload.php) but the plog-upload.php file just doesn't open... it shows an empty page... :-/
    • CommentAuthorjack

Well Warnique, here my intelligence ends :). I quess we have to wait for some ideas by Anti because he looked into this before. Probably this all is related to the same thing, just like my recent thread about the wrong paths being used.
    •  
      CommentAuthoranti

Warnique: do you have access to the errors logs of your server? There might be some useful messages in there.

Another thing you might want to try: open plog-upload.php in a text editor, there are 3 lines at the start of the file:

require("plog-globals.php");
    require_once("../plog-load_config.php");
    include("plog-admin-functions.php");

Put a debug echo before the first line, between all the lines and after the last one. Like this:

echo "1";
    require("once-plog-globals.php");
    echo "2";
    require_once("../plog-load_config.php");
    echo "3";
    include("plog-admin-functions.php");
    echo "4";

Then save the file and try open the URL with plog-upload.php again. Do you see any numbers? What's the last number?
    • CommentAuthorwarnique
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2005

@ Anti
    No, unfortunately I donā??t have access to the error log on the server. Iā??m running on a web-hotel with limited access.

When I put the debug echo (with "require("plog-globals.php");" and not "require("once-plog-globals.php");" in the first line) I get a blank page with a little "1" in the upper left corner :-|
    - What does that tell me?
    • CommentAuthorwarnique
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2005

Anybody have an idea to solve this? It looks like everything works fine - but then...: a blank page :-(
    • CommentAuthorJhau

I recall having a similar situation with beta 2. Try removing this line right on top in the file, admin/plog-admin-functions.php:

require_once($config['basedir'] . "/lib/exifer1_4/exif.php");

If that seems to fix your problem you might want to try getting the new exifer libraries from the SVN. And use those instead, as removing the line above will cause a new problem in another stage since plogger will rely on it later.
    • CommentAuthorwarnique

Hmmm - no. It didn't make a difference - still a blank page [with a little debug '1' in the uppe left corner...] ;-(
    But thx anyway Jhau...!
    • CommentAuthorPatty
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2005

Funny. Everything was working fine. I didn't touch the script for the last 2 o 3 weeks. Tonight I try to log in and I'm getting the same blank page as everyone else.

At first there was a parse error with an unnexpected ">" on line 54 on admin/plog-globals.php. I fixed that and over sudden all blank after login.

I tried using ini_set('include_path', ini_get('include_path')); but it diodn't make any difference. Any other ideas to fix this??
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2005

That IS strange. Have you tried to empty your cache etc. Just to see if that makes a difference. I remember to have had similar problems with wordpress some time ago, and that had something to do with cookies set and paths.
    • CommentAuthorPatty

Yeah, it's all clean. It doesn't seem to be that simple. *Sigh*

I think I'm gonna have to dump this script. Too many bugs and no solution, unfortunatelly, cause it's such a nice one and had almost everything I needed for my client. Pitty.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

:(
    • CommentAuthorjack

Patty, don't give up so quickly. I'm sure a lot, if not all, other scripts will also have faults, bugs etc. That's what projects like this (and wordpress) is all about. Be patient ;). I was looking for a gallery program for more than a year myself, perhaps even two years, before I decided to stick with plogger, even if it is just the first beta that we're using. I like it now and I like the way it is going to be, although I still have enough things that are just not how I would like them to be.

Keep trying and replying. In time more and more people will participate in this forum and probably will encounter some problems you are having right now.
    • CommentAuthorPatty

Maybe for the next client I can try it again, but I have no time for the current one. The site needs to be published and I can't wait for fixes. Sorry but I've found another script that's working flawlessly and even better than this one, Singapore.

I wish you guys sucess and I'll keep checking this board for new releases. Good luck and keep up the good work. Tks to all who replied.