Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjabbett
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2006

My photos' filenames are really ugly, and my captions are kinda long. Why not add a "title" field to each photo (with some useful, but short maximum length) that's displayed beneath each pic rather than the filename?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

You'll be able to do this with the theme system. We've added an additional meta field called "description" for each picture that could be used for this purpose.

In the meantime, check out this thread for some possibilities with your current version.
    http://plogger.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=87&page=1#Item_19
    •  
      CommentAuthorjabbett

Thanks! Is there an existing discussion about all the new features, so I can stop cluttering the forum? :)
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

You can try searching "Beta 3". I think that will give you a good list of ongoing discussions about new features.

Just make sure you are searching "comments" and not "topics".
    • CommentAuthoralfonce
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2006

Hi Mike,

I have been trying to do this and try as I may it just wont do it - something has gone wrong or os different with my system for some reason ( I guess).

You will see my request in the string titled doh!!!

I've tried all those methods in the link you mentioned above and none work for me - I still get the filenames and not the captions.

Why could this be?

I don't want to upgrade to version 3 till its ready to go.

Any ideas,

Thanks,

Alex.