Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkanjigirl
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2006

I've used SmartStripslashes where I think they belong to get rid of the escaped character on this page:

http://parallaxwebdesign.com/projects/waterline/plogger/index.php?level=picture&id=58

See 'Red Butte Children's Garden?' It's inserted that backslash.

I've changed $output.= $row["name"].' to use SmartStripslashes as instructed by another forum writer but they are STILL showing up only on the 'picture' level. Is there somewhere else I should be changing it as well?

Please help!

Debbie
    • CommentAuthorddejong

There should be three levels: collection, album, picture. You should only have captions in the last two at most.

Also, make sure it's not being escaped twice when it goes in. You could always stripslashes() twice. But that's not really the point, it's not an actual solution.

Finally, why can't I find SmartStripSlashes() in the PHP manual? Am I crazy?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

That is a custom function Derek... it is basically just stripslashes that checks to see if gpc magic quotes is on or off before applying the function. I think it is in plog-functions...
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Kanjigirl,

It is all in the generate_breadcrumbs() function, look hard I'm sure you just overlooked it =).

There are several places you need to apply stripslashes to in that function, look specifically in the picture branch of the logic after case 'picture':

Everywhere that says $row['name'] should be stripslashes($row['name'])
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2006

Thanks, Mike. I saw it everywhere in Plogger... I just assumed. ;)

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorkanjigirl
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2006

Thanks Mike - I found it the missing SmartStripSlashes under 'generate_breadcrumbs' but it was 'caption', not name in this case. But it works!

Debbie