Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorpuk
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2005

Hi there, i've got your script running and am liking it a lot. Managed to integrate it into my site nicely but am struggling at finding the default text colour, its weird, within IE it shows the text as gray, but within FF it doesn't show the text at all

http://www.echobeatmusic.com/plogger/index.php

is my page. So i'm just wanting to change the default text colour to white so that it sits with the rest of my theme.

One other thing, is there a way i can make a category a default view? As i have no need for categories and albums, as really only have a single category, so could i simply have a album view instead of category?

Other than that its lovely, cheers for the great script!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBen
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2005 edited

Hi, so in your gallery.css sheet should be... http://www.echobeatmusic.com/plogger/css/gallery.css go find the class called "tag" (should look like .tag) and add color: #ffffff; and that should do it.

*changing this

body { font-color: #FFFFFF; }

to just:

body { color: #FFFFFF; }

would also probably fix it (1).

As for making a category the home you can always just link to the collection then just index.php like... index.php?level=collection&id=1 or something. or mb with curf urls or with a htacess redirect.

* (1) btw i believe that font-color is not a CSS tag and just an html tag. you only have to define CSS text colors by color. :)
    • CommentAuthorpuk

Okay cheers Ben, i didn't have a font-color nor a color within "tag" my tag class was simply:

.tag {
    text-align: center;
    }

by changing it to

.tag {
    text-align: center;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    }

It made most of the colours white, but didn't include the main plogger title at the top nor the filename in the tree, for example:

Collections » ECHOBEAT Live » Joiners Arms » gig5.JPG

would only show Collections ECHOBEAT Live Joiners Arms

no » and no gig5.jpg.

Also the details are hidden (well not the colour i wish them to be)

But still, within IE it works and not FF. Bah humbug!

I'm not so fussed that the bits that aren't showing up aren't white, its quite nice to have them gray, but a gray that FF likes would be appreciated!

Thankyou for your input Ben
    •  
      CommentAuthorBen
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2005 edited

Hi again :)

yeah forgot you might have to add some css yourself. The reason why it works in IE and not FF is because the font-color tag i believe really isn't part of the w3c standard of defining color for test in css, however Ie makes up this tag in css and then renders it. Anyway adding this I believe will change everything white. So in your gallery.css add this

body
    {
    color: #FFF;
    background-color: #000;
    }

you can then just delete the body inside your actual html file. btw not a bad job in integrating plogger into your black theme, it looks great :)
    • CommentAuthorpuk

Nailed it, Thanks Ben. I understand what you mean about the font color. My css knoledge isn't what it was when i was at uni.

It does look pretty cool. My existing gallery was okay just a bit bloated and slow and am making the site puk maintenance free (ie my other band members with v little knoledge can actually do something with it instead of endlessly phoning me!) and this is a great script for doing exactly that. I'll fiddle with the category default tomorrow, so you may be hearin more from me of yet.

Download a song or two, you may like it :p

Really appreciate your input Ben, a top script with top support, thats what you call a good service. If the band makes me rich tomorrow i'd send you my appreciation shortly after my money arriving!

Cheers again! Nice work! Keep it up! :)