Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2005

I've encountered this before and it's not a bug or something. It has something to do with dynamically created new directories on the server. My hosting provider tells me this can't be changed because it has something to do with security issues?

Anyway, installing a new version of Plogger in a new directory means I'm left with an old version which I can delete, except for the /image directory which includes those new directories. I have to contact my provider and ask him to delete them for me. They don't mind, but I just wondered if some of you know about this? Can it be avoided?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgangavalli
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2005

Jack,

Just check if this thread on mamboserver has any information on that:
    http://forum.mamboserver.com/archive/index.php/t-34377.html
    • CommentAuthorjack

It seems like the same thing. Someone talked about a 'small script' found on the internet that solved it, but I couldn't find it. Seems to have something to do with Safe Mode. Anyway, I wonder if this could be solved by the way Plogger creates new directories? At this moment I have /plogger1 and /plogger2 on my webste, and now I'm moving to installation /plogger3 :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorBen
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2005 edited

Jack maybe you should try out http://quixplorer.sourceforge.net/ it was listed as the base of moboxplorer, which looks more like a component for mobo then a self-contained script.
    • CommentAuthorjack

Thanks for the suggestion Ben, but this very nice piece of software also doesn't let me delete those folders. I have no permissions to delete or change permissions of folders. :(
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

I've had the same problem, you have to let Plogger delete the folders itself. I think its because Plogger is the "owner" of these files, you can't delete them manually. Quite annoying, I know. Just delete the collections within the manage tab and they should go away, no?
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2005

Yes, Thanks Mike. This works ok. So I just have to delete the albums before removing an installation. No problem. :)