Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hello all,

I got help to install the software but unfortunately they chose a path that I dont want to use in my URL. I want to uninstall and then reinstall the software but I can not work out how to do it (new to all this stuff). I used my hosting companies frontend to install it but they said they could not help me to uninstal it as its 3rd party software!.... any suggestions.

Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008

Hi Lightning slow -

If you follow the directions in this thread (specifically post #2), you won't have to uninstall/reinstall Plogger - you can just move it to the folder that you want it in.

Try that and let us know if you have any problems.
    TYVM, I didnt understand a word of it but it worked! Half the reason I chose this software was that it looked simple and not bloated but the forum support was the real "selling point" for open source :)

Just a follow up question about permissions/attributes for the .htaccess folder. I had to use my FTP (lol sound like I know what I am doing but had my first go at html stuff a few days ago!) to change things and now owner/group and public all have read, write and execute permissions. I have put them back to what they were before as they must have been there for a reason. I had problems yesterday installing and had to change some access rights to folders but have now forgotten what i did and to which folders/files. Is there like a top 5 "safety" list of which files should be restricted? I suppose I should worry about that if it ever comes to people wanting to upload files onto my site!

Once again, thanks for your help from all newbies :)